Please send suggestions for links, along with the URL, Title and Owner's Name, to the PCFR webmaster. We ask that you request permission of the site owner first. (Being updated, please report obsolete links.)
Pitt County, NC:
- USGenWeb/NCGenWeb Archives, Pitt County. A growing repository of source material.
- Pitt County Historical Society, Inc.
- Pitt County Compendium. Marriages, maps, will abstracts, and other resource material.
- Ross-Kammerer Photo Archives. A digital library of old photographs featuring Pitt County.
- Daily Reflector Index, topical index to Greenville newspaper (Pitt Co., NC); sponsored by NC Collection, ECU, Joyner Library, and created by Roger Kammerer.
- Beaufort County History and Links. Resources for Pitt's Parent County.
- Genforum Pitt County Board
- Political Graveyard, Pitt County. Lawrence Kestenbaum, creator. Gravestones of politicians arranged by county and state.
- Pitt Co. Geographic Names Information System, USGS. Locate cemeteries, etc.!
- Pitt Community College Learning Resources Center.
- East Carolina University J. Y. Joyner Library. Greenville, NC. Browse the Special Collections containing the Manuscript Collection and the North Carolina Collection.
Personal Home Pages of Regional or Member Interest:
- Haddock Family, by Donna Haddock Cooper.
- Pioneers, Portals and Paths. Nancy Langley Pittman's Families at WorldConnect, and at Genealogy.com. Langley, Griffin, and others.
- Ray Gurganus's Home Page. Gurganus, Hatton, Grimes, other local families, including link to Marilu Birch Smallwood Vol 1 & 2)
- Frances Faulkner Brownings Home Page. The Faulkner and Routh Families. She is also researching the Tysons.
- Cenotaph; Joseph T. Fleming's site has a nice theme and a pleasing look. The Flemings originated in Pitt Co., NC. Lots of good family and resource data; documentation, cemetery data, etc. [New URL]
- The Little Legend. Home Site of Jane Murtishaw Lindsey (firstname.lastname@example.org). She focuses on the genealogy of Jacob Little, who was born in Surry Co. VA in 1755 and, according to his RW pension application, moved to Pitt Co. with his family. Includes abstracts of some Pitt Co. deeds.
- Home Page of Robert and Ronnie Kirk. Many Pitt, Craven and Beaufort County surnames. (Site under development)
- Personal Home Pages of Roger Kammerer. About the Artist; Art Work; Kammerer Exchange (Genealogy, largely Iowa families).
- The Stokes of Virginia (roots of the early Pitt Co. Stokes family), and the Robert E. Lee Genealogy
- The Murphrey Family History. A promising site for Murphreys in NC and other states, and good resource material.
- GHOTES: Genealogy and History of the Eastern Shore. Includes the Andrews and Garris families traced by Linda Harrisa huge website, inviting contributions, especially documentation.
- Anne Singleton Condran's Home Site. Includes Singletons from Beaufort County; early 1717 tax list; maps; Roster of Soldiers from Beaufort County for 1812 War; and Washington Baptist Church old record book 1821 to 1883.
- John Teel's Home Site at FTM. Extensive reports on the Teel family of Pitt Co., NC.
- Lisa W. Scarola's WorldConnect Database. McGowan and related families.
- "Forever a Ginn". Annette E. Ginn Roebuck's Home Page; Edwards, Means, Ginn, Roebuck families.
- Braxton Family of Pitt County, NC. By Kenny Guy Braxton and Heber Guy Braxton. This genealogy covers branches of several Pitt County families including Braxton, Dennis, Avery, Pilgreen, McLawhorn, Craft, Humbles and Brann.
- Pitt County, NC, 1750-1800 Surnames A-C
Of Regional or State Interest:
- Brown Library, Washington (Beaufort Co.), NC
- Confederate Soldiers from NC buried at Fredericksburg, VA..
- Wilson Co., NC, Genealogy. NCGenWeb Site with resource material.
- Wilson Co. Genealogical Society.
- Index to Sec. of State Wills, NC Archives
- BMD Project (Birth, Death, and Marriage records!). Post and/or just Search! Created and maintained by the Marceline Beem.
- North Carolina in the Revolutionary War
- NC Resources at Rootsweb, Cluster Index for NC. Links to lists, boards and search engines for all counties.
- North Carolina Genealogical Society. Offers with membership a subscription to the quarterly NC Genealogical Society Journal. (New address, may not yet be online).
- Passenger Lists of Ships arriving in North Carolina.
- State Library of North Carolina
- North Carolina Division of Archives and History.
- North Carolina Vital Records - how and where to get them.
- Cyndi Howell's List of NC Genealogy Sites - if Cyndi doesn't have it, you probably don't need it.
- Everton's Genealogy in North Carolina - just about everything you need to research your NC roots.
- Heritage Place - Lenoir Community College's genealogy research center. A great resource!
- Kinston-Lenoir County Public Library/Neuse Regional Library.
- Beaufort County History and Links.
- Beaufort County Genealogical Society. Our parent county offers with membership a subscription to their biannual publication, Pamptico Tracings.
- Martin Co., NC, GenWeb Home Page. Uses GenConnect free query system.
- Greene Co., NC, GenWeb Home Page. Includes extinct Glasgow County. Patty Day, County Coordinator. Uses GenConnect free query system.
- Old Dobbs County on USGenWeb.
- Craven Co., NCGenWeb. Place free queries here.
- NCGenWeb Home Page. Find our other neighbors and all NC counties here.
- Tar River Connections Genealogical Society.
- Tyrrell County Genealogical & Historical Society.
- Hyde County Historical and Genealogical Society.
African-American and Native American Interest
- Africans in America. Beautiful website from WGBH and PBS on the history and the story of African-Americans!
- Christine's Genealogy Website; Christine Charity's award-winning resource site for African, African-American, and Native American research.
- 35th Regiment: U.S. Colored Troops, Civil War. Part of the NCUSCT Project. Nice website!
General Sites, Surname Boards and/or Search Engines of Global Interest:
- Nat'l. Park Service Database of Soldiers in the Civil War. Database has greatly expanded in the last few years!
- Family History Surname Boards. Another giant system of surname message boards! Also state and country focused boards.
- GenForum. A great website offering message boards for thousands of surnames as well as special topics.
- GenDex. A searchable site supporting gedcom files of its contributors. Thousands of surnames here.
- Yahoo Genealogy Lineages Index.
- Rootsweb Links Page - Personal Home Pages sponsored by Rootsweb, Inc.
- Rootswebs Index of Mailing Lists. You can join any list, or just search one (see immediately below).
- Rootsweb Maillist Search. Enter the name of any of their maillists to search its archives.
- About.com Genealogy. Resources, Links, How-tos, Articles, Chat, Forums, and More. Coordinated by PCFR member, Kimberly Powell.
Copyright © 1998-2007 Pitt County Family Researchers. Information on these web pages may be copied for personal use providing credit is given to the author/contributor and to PCFR. Commercial distribution in any manner is strictly prohibited. Graphics and logos are the property of Elizabeth Ross, Roger Kammerer, and/or PCFR, with all rights reserved.
Created: Nov. 7, 1998. Last modified: Wednesday, 15-Apr-2009 20:20:19 MDT
Our Generous Host