Abstracted from LDS microfilm, Film #19676953, and contributed by Sloan S. Mason
Roundtree Church Records: 1850-1892
Pitt County, NC
(All records are not copied--genealogical excerpts only)
p.3-(no year given)
June 4th-Brother Jesse JACKSON lead singing and prayer.
Preaching by Elder Thomas J. LATHAN?
July 4th-preaching by Elder Blaney ALLEN & Elder J.P. DUNN
August 4th-preaching by Elder J.P.DUNN
Preaching by Elder H.D.COSON & Elder J.P.DUNN.
Brother William BROWN comes forward & was removed? Into the Church
Brother Thomas BENTLEY departed this life---(no date)
Sept. 4th-Preaching by Elder W. NOBLE and J.P.DUNN-reception of members: Brother Benjamin BACON, Brother C.C. DUNN & Sister Susan DUNN came forward and united with us having been previously baptized into the Church of Christ.
Brother Charles ROUNDTREE, Brother C.CONER, Brother David WALLACE appointed to make arrangements for a conference.
On motion Brother Willis DIXON, C. CONOR, & C.ROUNDTREE were appointed to represent the Church of Christ at -----in the annual conference to be held at said meeting house commencing on Thursday before the 3rd Lord's day in Oct. 1850.
On motion of W.NOBLE, Brother Benjamin BROWN was appointed a delegate to the union meeting to be held at Oak Grove, Pitt County on 5th Lord's day on Sept. next.
Brother James JOHNSTON departed this life on 4th Lord's day in September
The constitution of the charge against ASA (a colored brother) was brought before the conference and after investigation he was unanimously excluded from the church.
Appointed delegates:Brother B.BROWN, Jesse S. JACKSON, & Caleb CROOM to be held at Oak Grove,M.H.,Greene Co., Thursday before the 3rd Lord's day 1851.
Brother S.J.NOBLES was entered in the list of church members.
Sister Catherine JACKSON a faithful member of the Church of Christ at Rountree M.H. departed this life the 9th day of Oct. 1851.
4th Oct.-Rev. W.P.NOBLES & Rev. J.LATHRUM-lead church services.
Prayer by Bro. J.JACKSON
Brother Willis DIXON resigned the clerkship, and Wm.C. BROWN appointed in his stead.
Rev. John P. DUNN addressed congregation.
Saturday, before the 4th Lord's day in Jan. 1852-H.A.WILKS mentioned
Bro. William MAY opened meeting.
Bro. Jesse P. NEVEL preached.
Bro. J.P.? DUNN closed meeting.
Sat., before 4th Lord's day in Feb. 1852-no meeting due to weather.
Bro. Gideon ALLEN, preached on Sunday.
Bro. Charles JOYNER, a devoted follower of Christ, member at Rountree M.H. departed this life on the eleventh day of March 1852. Wm. C. BROWN,Clerk.
4th March-Bro. WICKER delivered sermon, also Bro. WALCH.
March 26, 1853
Disciples of Christ met at Rountree's M.H., Pitt Co.
Prayer by Bro. J.S. JACKSON & Bro. W.P.NOBLE.
Letter of dismission for Bro. A.J. BUTLER in order to form the Brothren at Wilson, Edgecombe Co.,N.C. Agreed to appoint Bro. Joseph DIXON, Clrk.
Saturday, before 4th Lord's day in April-prayer by Bro. J.S.JACKSON, Bro. W.P.NOBLES, preached.
Delegates:Bros. Caleb CANNON & Joseph DIXON appointed to attend meeting at Kinston on Friday.
Meeting closed by Bro. A.BOWDEN.
Sister Susan H. ROUNDTREE departed this life April 25th 1853? Sister ROUNDTREE was a devoted disciple for many years. May we meet her in heaven where parting will be no more.
Brother Willis DIXON, a devoted Disciple of Christ, a member at Rountree's M.H., Pitt County, departed this life on the 11th of March A.D. 1854 at his residence, Fountain Hill, Greene Co., N. Carolina.
Brother DIXON entertained no fears about his future happiness and died in the blessed triumph of a living faith. In his last moments on earth, his soul gave vent to those words "Oh! Lord receive my Spirit." He died the death of the Christian. May our last end be like his.
J. DIXON, Clk.
4th Lord's Day, March-Bro. J.S.JACKSON, Brother Gideon ALLEN, preached.
Following Lord's Day, Brother G. ALLEN, preached, prayer by Brother J.S.JACKSON.
4th Lord's Day, in April-Brothers C.J.ROUNTREE & W.J.R.BROWN were appointed delegates to the Union meeting to be held at Elm Grove, Pitt County the 5th Lord's day in April.
Bro. Caleb CANNON, Ben BROWN & J. DIXON, were appointed delegates to the Cooperative meeting to be held at Hookerton, to be held in May.
Bro. J. JACKSON, Bro. Wm. MAY preached.
Prayer by Bro. W.P. NOBLES, Bro. J. LATHUM mentioned
Bro. G.ALLEN preached.
Bro. C. WOOTEN & wife be granted letters of dismission. Also that Bro. S.H.ROUNTREE be granted letters of dismission for the purpose of joining the brethren at Kinston, Lenoir Co.
Sister Kiddy POWELL departed this life May 29th, 1854 at Hookerton. Sister POWELL was very old and had been an ----follower of our Saviour for many years.
4th Lord's Day in July, prayer by Bro. J.S.JACKSON.
4th Lord's day in March, 1856.
Brother Wiley P. NOBLES, led prayer.
Bro. W.H.HUGHOUST? preached.
Departed this life on the 9th of Dec. A.D. 1855. Brother Jese S. JACKSON.
Brother JACKSON had been losing. A consistent member of the Disciples Church at Rountree; he was appointed one of the Deacons of the Church which office he faithfully filled til God saw fit to take him to himself.
4th Lord's day in April, Bro. George JOYNER preached.
May-Bro. G. ALLEN, Bro. Wiley P. NOBLE, mentioned.
Rountree M.H.,Pitt County, N.C. Jan. 1859.
4th Lord's Day, Jan. 1857-no meeting due to weather.
Departed this life with inflammation of the brain our beloved Sister Mary W. JINKENS on Jan. 28th? A.D. 1859.
Departed this life on the 26th Day of January A.D. 1859. Brother Jese BROWN with Quinsey.
Sat. before the 4th Lord's day in Feby.-no meeting due to rain.
4th Lord's day-Brother G. ALLEN preached.
4th Lord's day in March-prayer by Elder J.P.DUNN, Bro. G. ALLEN closed meeting.
Sister Elizabeth KETTREL? Who had been previously baptized, came and was received as a member of this church.
4th Lord's Day, July-preaching by Bro. G.ALLEN and George JOYNER.
4th Lord's Day in August, opened in prayer by Elder Peter E. HINES, closed by Elder ALLEN.
Departed this life on the 9th Day of August 1867, Sister Eliz. JACKSON, late consort of Brother Jese S. JACKSON. Sister JACKSON had been for many years a devoted Disciple of Christ, pias, meeke, in fact possessed of all the Christian graces bearing them with an ease and gracefulness that few can imitate and none surpass. May God watch over and provide for her dear children left behind, and may they take the example set by their most amiable mother.
1867-Departed this life on the 16th day of September Sister Rachel E. EVANS, late consort of Amos EVANS. Sister EVANS embraced Religion when quite young, was an exemplary Christian.
Conference organized by Elder ALLEN.
Bros. A. EVANS, J.C.C.? JENKINS, & Caleb CANNON appointed delegates.
Sister Winnifred BROWN a devoted follower of Christ, Member at Rountree Church, departed this life on the 6th of Nov. 1869.
Brother Robert WORTHINGTON a devoted follower of Christ, Member at Rountree
Church departed this life on ---------------.
Sister Mary A. DIXON a devoted follower of Christ, member at Rountree Church departed this life on --------------------.
Sister Rachel E. BROWN, whose name was at the head of the list of females & I think the oldest and a very good Christian, departed this life sometime in Nov. 1886, to join the Angels.
Sister Winifred MAY a devoted follower of Christ member at Rountree's M.H. departed this life on the 22nd day of June A.D. 1887. She has gone where The Angel's dwell for she was a very good and zealous Christian.
Mary CANNON the wife of Caleb CANNON, Sr. a devoted follower of Christ from her youth and a very good Mother, departed this life on the 3rd day of December A.D. 1878. Oh! That we will all meet her in Heaven.
Caleb CANNON, Sr. a well known and a good, and very useful neighbor, devoted to Christ, read and talked about Jesus, has been a follower of Him for many years. Member at Rountree's M.H. and has been Deacon & Clerk there for several years, departed this life to go and dwell on high where Christ is, on Thursday the 21st day of July A.D. 1887. May we meet in Heaven. R.C.CANNON, Clerk.
A REVISED LIST OF NAMES OF MEMBERS
1) Caleb CANNON, Jr.
2) James S. HINES
3) David HINES
4) Robert H. ROUNTREE
5) J.C.C.JENKINS, Sr.
7) Joyner WINGATE
8) Wm. N. MCLAWHORN
9) Hardy JOHNSON (letter)
10) Joseph MCLAWHORN (dead)
11) John R. FORBES
12) Robert C. CANNON
13) John PIERCE
14) E.E. HART
15) Jas. W. FORBES
18) Willie J.? JENKINS
19) J.C.C. JENKINS, Jr.
20) Wm. WORTHINGTON
22) W.R. JOHNSON
24) J.S. ROUSE (dead 1890)
25) Johnnie ROUSE
26) Jesse CANNON
27) George BRILEY
28) E.D. ALLEN
29) Irvin MCLAWHORN
30) Jerry M. MCLAWHORN
31) Levi PIERCE
32) Heber C. CANNON
34) E.Y.BLOUNT, (died)
37) T.R. ALLEN
38) Matthew SLAUGHTER
39) Robert BALDREE
40) Benj. BRILEY
41) Willie TOLTEN ?
42) Walter ROUSE
43) Lorenzo MCLAWHORN
44) Willis DIXSON
48) Jermiah MCLAWHORN
49) Alonzo FOREST
51) Ulyses JACKSON
52) D.W. DAIL
53) Jas. H. COBB
54) Wm. E. MCLAWHORN
55) Whitmore J. MCLAWHORN
56) Robert WORTHINGTON
57) John HART
58) E.D. BRAXTON
59) Levi A. WORTHINGTON
60) Irvin JENKINS
61) Dr. C.A.BLOUNT
62) Alonzo HOYLE
63) Wm. FOREST
64) C.A. GOUGH
65) Isaac BALDREE
Worshiping at R.M. house, Pitt Co.,N.C.
March 23rd, A.D. 1889
Susan Rountree DUNN
1) Sarah E. JENKINS
2) Celia ALLEN
3) Mary A. DAWSON
4) Sallie P. MOORE
5) Suisa FORBES
6) Sallie A. GARRIS
7) Martha S. CANNON
8) Elizabeth A. PIERCE
9) Mary W. MCLAWHORN
10) Louisa (Sumrell-crossed out) JACKSON
11) Jackey A.F.KNOX
12) Grizzie C. SPIVEY
13) Sudie G. CANNON
14) Nancy WINGATE
15) Mary J. MCLAWHORN
16) Lillie M. JENKINS (WILLIAMS-written above surname)
17) Mary M. PIERCE
18) Henrietta ROGERS
19) Mollie E. KITTRELL
20) G.S. JENKINS
21) Celia S. WORTHINGTON
22) Kittie S. HART
23) Louis HEATH
24) Elizabeth SUMRELL
25) Winnie E. MCLAWHORN
26) Alice R. ALLEN
27) Mary E. HOLTON
28) Mary ROUSE
29) Mattie HOYLE
30) Malissa WORTHINGTON
31) Sarah JOYNER (dead)
32) Susan E. CANNON
33) Selia C. HART
34) Sarah W. BALDREE
35) Mary A. CANNON
36) V.C.WORTHINGTON (unable to read name above surname-L-RC/GE?)
37) Dicie MCLAWHORN (BALDREE-written above surname)
38) Fannie COWARD
39) Pearl (Coward-crossed out) DIXSON
40) Suisa? V. WORTHINGTON (dead 1889)
41) Ida MCLAWHORN
42) Emmer NOBLES (name crossed out) ex.
43) Emmer Hines ALLEGOOD (letter to Washington)
44) Elizabeth MCLAWHORN
45) Fannie MCLAWHORN
46) Elsie HINES
47) Willie COBB
48) Maud S. ALLEN
49) Annis? WORTHINGTON (name crossed out-no reason given)
50) Fannie SUTTON (name crossed out-no reason given)
51) Martha MCLAWHORN
52) Mary HERRINGTON (MCLAWHORN-written above name)
53) Sarah E. FOREST-1898
Fannie Heath MCLAWHORN
A List of names of Church Members at R.M. House, Pitt Co, N.C.
As Organized in Accordance to Conference Sept. 25, 1869.
1) Caleb CANNON, Sr.-died July 21,A.D. 1887.
2) Amos EVANS-died Nov. A.D. 1888.
3) Caleb CANNON, Jr.
4) William JOHNSON-dead
5) James HINES
6) Robert WORTHINGTON-dead
7) Lewis C. JOHNSON-ex.
8) Franklin P. JOHNSON-ex.
9) David HINES
10) Charles J. ROUNTREE-dismissed by letter April 1871.
11) Robert H. ROUNTREE
12) Charles JENKINS-dis. By letter
13) John C.C.JENKINS
12) Jeremiah MEGLOHN?
13) Benjamin F. MEGLOHON
14) Joyner WINGATE
15) William N. MEGLOHON
16) Hardy JOHNSON
17) John SPIVEY-dead
18) Joseph MEGLOHON
19) John R. FORBES
20) William A. KING-letter dismissed 1860.
21) Robert C.CANNON
22) James JONES-left
23) John PIERCE
24) Edward E. HURR?
25) James W. FORBES
26) J.Z. MEGLOHON
27) W.L. MEGLOHON
28) W.J. JENKINS
29) John C.L. JENKINS, Jr.
30) William WORTHINGTON
31) Joseph MEGLOHON
32) C. ? JOHNSON-dismissed by letter
33) W.R. JOHNSON
34) A.W. HOLTON
35) John L./S.? ROUSE
36) John ROUSE
37) George BRILY
38) B.F.BLOUNT-dead July 21,1886
39) Jese CANNON
41) Irvin MCLAWHORN
42) Jerry MCLAWHORN
43) Levi PIERCE
44) Heber C. CANNON
45) P.S. JENKINS
46) E.Y. BLOUNT
47) H.S. BLOUNT
48) J.W. BLOUNT-Baptized July 1888 by J.S.MANFIELD?
49) T.R. ALLEN-Baptized July 1888 by J.S.MANFIELD?
50) Mathew SLAUGHTER-Baptized July 1888 by J.S.MANFIELD?
51) Robert BALDREE-Baptized July 1888 by J.S. MANFIELD?
52) Benjamin BRILEY-Baptized July 1888 by J.S. MANFIELD?
53) Willie TOOTEN-Baptized July 1888 by J.S. MANFIELD?
54) Walter ROUSE-Baptized July 1888 by J.S. MANFIELD?
55) Lorenzo MCLAWHORN-Baptized July 1888 by J.S. MANFIELD?
56) Willis DIXSON-Baptized July 1888 by J.S. MANFIELD?
57) J.R. MCLAWHORN-Baptized July 1888 by J.S. MANFIELD?
58) M.F. SUMRELL-Baptized July 1888 by J.S. MANFIELD?
59) Jeremiah MCLAWHORN-Baptized Feb.1, 1887-RIAL/RICH?
60) E.C. BLOUNT-Baptized July 1, 1888?
1) Rachel E. BROWN-departed this life Nov. 1886.
2) Winifred BROWN-departed this life Nov. 6,1869.
3) Mary CANNON-departed this life Dec. 3rd, 1878.
4) Sarie E. JENKINS
5) Celia ALLEN
6) Mary Jane TUCKER?-dead
7) Lucrtia R. WORTHINGTON-departed this life
8) Mary A. DAWSON?
9) Sallia P. SHORT-i.e. MOORE.
10) Louisa FORBES
11) Mary J. BROOK-dismissed by letter May 25,1873.
12) Nancy BORWICK?-dismissed by letter May 25, 1873.
13) Sallie A. KETTRELL-i.e. GARRIS
14) Catharin MEGLOHON, departed this life
15) Mary J. BLOUNT-departed this life
16) Elizabeth HARDY-i.e. WILSON
17) Martha S. CANNON
18) Sallie K. HILL-dismissed by letter April 1871.
19) Elizabeth A. PEARCE
20) Mary W. JENKINS-crossed out-MEGLOHON written above
21) Julia JOHNSON-dead
22) Anna C. JOHNSON-dead
23) Lorina? SUMMERELL
24) Josephine C. NELSON?-i.e. SKINNER-letter
25) Mary BROOKS, dismissed by letter May 1875.
26) Winnifred MAY-departed this life-June 22, 1887.
27) Mary A. DIXON-departed this life
28) S.A.DIXON-i.e. GRIMSLY
29) Rachel E. BELCHER-dismissed by letter
30) Jackey A.F. WORTHINGTON-i.e. KNOX
31) Winnifred R. TULL-dismissed by letter April 14th,1871?
32) Grizzly C. SPIVEY?-(28 Aug. 1871)
33) Susan MEGLOHON-left
34) Susan G. MAY-i.e. CANNON
35) Nancy WINGATE
36) Susan A. Meglohan KING-letter of dismissal
37) Mary J. MEGLOHAN
38) Patsy A. (Meglohon) MOORE-left
39) Mary E. JENKINS
40) Sarah Jones (SWINSON?-written next last name)
41) Winnie WILLIAMS-letter of dismissal
42) Mary M. PEARCE
43) Henrietta ROGERS
44) Mollie E. KITTRELL
45) Grizzy S. JENKINS
46) Celia S. MEGLAHON-i.e. WORTHINGTON?
47) Kitty L. JINKINS-i.e. HART
48) Louis Meglahon HEATH?
49) Elizabeth SUMRELL
50) Winny Allen-i.e. MEGLAHON
51) A.K. ALLEN
52) Mary E. HOLLON?
53) Mary ROUSE
54) Mallie HOYLE
55) Lannie? ROUSE-left
56) Malissa Jackson WORTHINGTON
57) Sarie JOYNER
58) Susan E. JARMAN?
59) Lilie C. TOOBER?
60) Sarah V.? SPIVEY
61) Mary A. CANNON
62) Sarah H. SPIVEY
63) Virginia C. WORTHINGTON
64) Minnie WINGATE-dismissed by letter
65) Dicie MCLAWHORN
66) Fannie COWARD
67) Pearl COWARD-i.e. DIXON
68) Suna? V.? MCLAWHORN WORTHINGTON
69) Ida MCLAWHORN-Baptized July 1888, by J.K.KING?
70) Emma DAIL-i.e. NOBLES
71) Emma HINES
72) Elizabeth MCLAWHORN
73) Fannie MCLAWHORN
74) Elsie HINES
A List of Church Members at R.M.H., A.D. 1858
1) J.P. DUNN (Elder, Dead)
2) Caleb CANNON-Dea
3) Benj. BROWN-Dea
4) Amos JOYNER-Exp.
5) Benj. TYSON-Dec'd
6) William JOHNSON
7) Robert H. ROUNTREE
8) Charles J. ROUNTR EE
9) F.M. ROUNTREE-Excum. 1859
10) W.J.R.BROWN-Departed this life
11) Joseph DIXON-clerk
12) Henry ROUNTREE-Dec'd
13) Joseph? TYSON-dismissed by letter
14) John C. WHITE-left
15) Wm. C. BROWN-dead
16) Jese ROUNTREE-departed this life
17) Wm. FRIZZLE?-dec'd
18) R.L. FOREST-dec'd
19) C.G. BROWN-dead
20) William JACKSON-dead
22) Paul DAIL-departed this life
23) John JOLLY-departed this life
24) Wm. SMITH-dec'd
25) Simon NOBLES-dism'd by letter
26) John DAWSON
27) Joseph BROOK
28) Edward F. COX-dead
29) John GARDNER
30) Jese HEAST?-dead
31) Churchill DRI---dead (unable to read)
(numbers start at no.27-for females)
27) Rachel BROWN
28) Winnifred BROWN
29) Eliza NOBLS-Dism. By letter
30) Absley ROUNTREE
31) Eliza W. JACKSON-dec'd Aug. 9th 1861
32) Mary CANNON
33) Mary ROUNTREE
34) Sopha MEEKS-departed this life
35) Anna JOHNSON
36) Julia JOHNSON
37) Susan LANE
38) Alvira TYSON
39) Mary H. JOYNER-i.e.JONES, by letter
40) Mary W.JENKINS-departed this life
41) Caroline M. EDWARDS-by letter
42) Zilphia PATRICK-departed this life
43) Mary A. DIXON
44) Fannie ROUNTREE-i.e. POPE
45) Susan ROUNTREE-i.e. DUNN
46) Susan SMITH-left
47) Clementina NOBLES
48) Winnifred R. JACKSON-i.e. TULL
49) Sallie A.E.DIXON-dec'd.
50) Sarah E. CANNON-i.e. JENKENS
51) Celia CANNON-i.e. ALLEN
52) Winnifred BLOUNT-i.e. MAY
53) Rebeca A.E. ALLEN-departed this life
54) Rachel E. JACKSON-i.e. EVANS
55) Jane KITTREL
56) Nancie KITTREL-departed this life
57) Lucretia R. CANNON-i.e. WORTHINGTON/WASHINGTON?
58) Mary A. CANNON-i.e. DANSEN?
59) Rachel E. BROWN-i.e. BELCHER
60) Sallie P. BROWN-i.e. SHORT
61) Mary E. JACKSON-departed this life-August 1869
62) Jackey Ann T. JOHNSON-i.e. WORTHINGTON
63) Mary MAGLAWHORN-i.e. KENEDY-by letter dismissed
64) Elizabeth A. MAGLAWHORN-i.e. PEARCE
65) Lovey J. CANADY-i.e. KENEDAY
66) Charity MAGLOWHORN-departed this life
67) John DUDLY
68) Mary J. BROOKS
69) Anney BROOKS
70) Mary JOYNER-i.e. JACKSON-i.e. SIMMONS-departed this life
71) Elizabeth KITTREL
72) Sallie KITTREL
Cathren HEART/HEAST?-i.e. MEGLOHON
Mary E. JACKSON
A List of Church Members at Rountree M. House-Nov. 1st 1851
2) Willie NOBLES-El.-turned out to Southport?
3) Jesse L. JACKSON-Dea.
4) Caleb CANNON-Dea.
5) Benj. BROWN-J. Dea.
6) Willis DIXON-dec'd, March 11, 1854
7) Charles JOYNER-dec'd March 11, 1852
8) Amos JOYNER
9) Benj. TYSON
10) William JOHNSON
11) Nathan BOWDEN-Dis. By letter
12) Saml. H. ROUNTREE-Dis. By letter
13) Charles ROUNTREE-Dismissed
14) Robert H. ROUNTREE
15) Willoughby JONES-Dis.
16) William BENSON-Dis.
17) James L. NOBLES-Dism. By letter
18) Charles J. ROUNTREE
19) F.M. ROUNTREE
20) W.J.R. BROWN
21) Joseph DIXON
22) Henry ROUNTREE
23) William SMITH
24) Japeth TYSON
25) John C. WHITE
26) Josiah WORSLEY-dismissed
27) Wm.C. BROWN
28) Simon NOBLES
29) A.J. BATTLE-Eld.-dismissed by letter
30) Jesse ROUNTREE
31) Henry CANNON-dec'd.
1) Kiddy POWELL-Dec'd, May 29th, 1854.
2) Susan H. ROUNTREE-Dec'd April 25th 1853.
3) Rachel BROWN
4) Mary ATKINSON-Dec'd Nov. 10.? 1854.
5) Eliza W. JACKSON
6) Yelota FULFORD------letter of dismission
7) Arta FULFORD-Encom-----
8) Sopha MEEKS
9) Susan LANE
10) Winnefred BROWN
11) Alvira TYSON
12) Julia JOHNSON
13) Anna JOHNSON
14) Caroline M. JOYNER
15) Mary W. JENKINS
16) Mary ROUNTREE
17) Mary CANNON
18) Zilphia PATRICK
19) Francis ROUNTREE
20) Absley ROUNTREE
21) Eliza NOBLES
22) Almeda CHESNUTT -Dismissed by letter
23) Susan ROUNTREE
24) Susan SMITH
25) Eliza Ann JOYNER-Dec'd? ---- 1852
26) Henrietta L. MOYE/MAYE?-dismissed by letter
27) Catherine MOORING-dismissed by letter
28) Mary A. R./B.? DIXON
29) Mary JOYNER
30) Clementine NOBLES
31) Winnefred R. JACKSON
32) Sarah A. DIXON
33) Sarah E. CANNON
34) Celia CANNON
35) Winnifred BLOUNT
36) Rebecca A. E. JENKINS
37) Sally Ann C. BOWDEN-Dis. By letter
Rachel E. JACKSON
List of Coloured Members at R.M.H.-Nov.1st,1851.
1) Tom BLOUNT
2) Jacob ROUNTREE
3) Jack ROUNTREE-(unable to read writing)
1) Luckey BLOUNT
2) Rose ROUNTREE
3) Mary ROUNTREE-(out of state, not in reach)
4) Luckey BROWN
5) Martha BROWN-out of state
6) Ann BROWN
List of Church Members at Rountree M.H., Pitt County, N. Carolina, transcribed
from the list of Nov. 1st, 1851, this Nov. 25th A.D. 1854.
1) J.P. DUNN, El.
2) Willie P. NOBLES-Eld.
3) Jese L. JACKSON, Dea.-dead
4) Caleb CANNON-Dea.
5) Benj. BROWN-T.
6) Amos JOYNER
7) Benj. TYSON
8) William JOHNSON
9) Charles ROUNTREE-(name crossed out) -off-EX.
10) Robert H. ROUNTREE
11) Willougby JONES-(name crossed out) -EX.
12) William BENSON-(name crossed out)
13) Charles J. ROUNTREE
14) T.M. ROUNTREE
15) W.J.A.? BROWN
16) Joseph DIXON
17) Henry ROUNTREE
18) Japheth TYSON
19) John C. WHITE
20) Josiah WORSLEY-(name crossed out) -EX.
21) Wm. C. BROWN
22) Jese ROUNTREE
23) Henry CANNON-Dec'd?
24) Rachel BROWN
25) Winnifred BROWN
26) Eliza W. JACKSON
27) Arta FULFORD-Excommunicated
28) Sophia MEEKS
29) Susan LANE
30) Alvira JOHNSON
31) Anna JOHNSON
32) Julia JOHNSON
33) Caroline M. EDWARDS
34) Mary W.? JENKINS
35) Mary ROUNTREE
36) Mary CANNON
37) Zilpha PATRICK
38) Frances ROUNTREE
39) Absley ROUNTREE
40) Eliza NOBLES
41) Susan ROUNTREE
42) Susan SMITH
43) Catharine MOORING-Dismissed by letter
44) Mary A. R. DIXON
45) Mary JOYNER
46) Clementia NOBLES
47) Winnefred R. JACKSON
48) Sallie A.E. DIXON
49) Sarah E. CANNON
50) Celia CANNON
51) Winnefred BLOUNT
52) Rebeca A. E. ALLEN
53) Jane KITTREL
54) Nancy KITTREL
55) ----- E. JACKSON
Return to Resources Menu
Copyright © 1999 Pitt County Family Researchers. Information on these web pages may be copied for personal use providing credit is given to the author/contributor and to PCFR. Commercial distribution in any manner is strictly prohibited. Graphics and logos are the property of Elizabeth Ross and/or PCFR, Inc., with all rights reserved.
Created: September 1999. Last modified: Sunday, 27-Sep-2009 15:54:21 MDT
Our Generous Host