Venturia, ND

The village of Venturia was organized with the coming of the Soo Line in 1901.  The name was given upon the advice of Mr. J. Wishek.  Outside of the town there was at that time a wreck and a freight car with the name "Venturia" was overturned.  Mr. Wishek suggested that name and it was accepted.   The first settlers were Jakob Hochstaetter, Michael Teske, and Jakob Wiedmann.  The first building was a store called Bazaar, put up by J. Wiedmann.