GOODALL-This was a rural post office established October 6, 1902 with
Carrie E. Goodall as pm. It was located on the W. J. Goodall ranch
in NW1/4 Sec. 10-152-93, River View Twp., opposite Sanish, moved two miles
west to NW1/4 Sec. 8-152-93 in 1909, and closed September 15, 1916 with
mail to Sanish.
GRANT-This was a rural post offiice establishedd December 4, 1911 with
Charles. W. Dean pm. It was located in SE1/4 Sec 34-150-104,
Yellowstone Twp., seven miles SSW of Cartwright, and closed November 30,
1912 with mail to Fairview, MT. After the name Horse Creek was rejected,
it was named for DW Grant, a NPRR official involved with the construction
of the mainline westward from Mandan in 1879. Grant is a Latin name
GRASSY BUTTE-This rural community was founded about 1910 in NW1/4 Sec.
12-145-99, Rhoades Twp, thirty five miles south of Watford City, and named
to note the nearby butte which was named to note the fact that is was the
only butte in the area that was not bare of vegetation. The post
office was establised in a sod house on September 10, 1913 with Donald
McKenzie pm. He and James Warren operated it from this building until
1964. The Zip Code is 58634, and the population has been quoted
as about 100 since its founding, although that figure includes some outlying
GREEN-This was a farm post office established March 26, 1907 with Charles
Green pm. It was located in SE1/4 Sec 1-151-102, Charbon Twp., six
miles NNW of Alexander on the bank of Timber Creek. The post
office was discontinued November 15, 1907 with mail to Alexander.