Back to Index

Berthold Township
T156N X R86W Latitude = 48-19-46 N
Longitude = 101-42-40 W
History
 

Towns / Cities
All Information from the Book "North Dakota Place Names" by Douglas A Wick

Berthold

This Great Northern Rail Road mainline station was founded in April 1900 in SE1/4 Section 21-156-86, Berthold Township, about 25 miles west of Minot. The name came from Fort Berthold, which was named for Bartholomew Berthold, who ran the trading post there in 1845. The post office was established October 1, 1900 with Frederick C. Walther post master. The elevation is 2087, the Zip Code is 58718, and the village, which incorporated in 1902, reached a peak population of 523 in 1920.

 

Business History

 
 

Schools

 
 

Cemeteries

Wildrose Cemetery  
Section 21-156-86     8/8/31

 
 

Churches

Berthold Baptist Church
PO Box 27
Berthold, ND 58718
701-453-3655
Saint Ann's Catholic Church

Berthold, ND 58718
701-453-3660

Zion Lutheran Church
PO Box 98
Berthold, ND 58718

 

Historical / Genealogy Society
 

 

Historical, Genealogical and Ethnic Events

 
 

Photographs

 
 

Personal and Community Stories about this Area

 
 

Back to Index