Back to Index

Cameron Township
T151N X R85W Latitude = 47-53-59 N
Longitude = 101-32-59 W
History
 

Towns / Cities
All Information from the Book "North Dakota Place Names" by Douglas A Wick

Douglas

This Town site was founded along the newly-built Soo Line Rail Road branch line from Max to Plaza in Section 36-151-85, Cameron Township. On November 2, 1906 the post office in Otis J. Marks' country store known as DOUGLAS moved to the town site from its original location one mile to the south in McLean County, although Arthur C. Bates assumed the duties of Postmaster at this time. The site was platted in December 1906, and incorporated as a village in 1908 with A.G. Burgeson mayor. The Zip Code is 58735, and it reached a peak population of 313 in 1940, declining to just 112 in 1980.

 

Business History

 
 

Schools

   
   

Cemeteries

Douglas Methodist Cemetery
(Douglas City Cemetery)       Section 36

Douglas Trinity Lutheran Cemetery SW1/4 of Section 25-151-85  1/20/1934
Douglas Catholic Cemetery   Section 36 Douglas Village Cemetery
Section 36-151-85    9/23/86

Churches

Trinity Lutheran Church  

 

 

Historical / Genealogy Society
 

 

Historical, Genealogical and Ethnic Events

 
 

Photographs

 
 

Personal and Community Stories about this Area

 
 

Back to Index