Back to Index

Eureka Township
T156N X R83W Latitude = 48-20-00 N
Longitude = 101-23-00 W
History
 

Towns / Cities
All Information from the Book "North Dakota Place Names" by Douglas A Wick

Ruthville

This townsite was founded in 1931 by William Mackenroth (1880-1935), who named it for his daughter Ruth, later Mrs. Herbert Rhoades of Sun City, Arizona. Ruth is a Hebrew name meaning beauty. It is located at the junction of Sections 1 & 2-156-83, Eureka Township and Sections 31 & 32-157-82, Tatman Township, Ten miles north of Minot. It is two miles south of the main entrance to Minot Air Force Base, and has enjoyed many economic benefits since the opening of the military facility in the 1950s.

 

Business History

 
 

Schools

School #2  Section 7

School #4  Section 26
   

Cemeteries

Eureka Township Cemetery
SW 1/4 Section 5

Wolf Family Cemetery
NW 1/4 Section 8
Grueneberg Cemetery
NW 1/4 Section 21
Sunset Memorial Gardens
SE1/4 Section 26-156-83     3/11/1953

Churches

Evangelical Church   Section 6  

 

 

Historical / Genealogy Society
 

 

Historical, Genealogical and Ethnic Events

 
 

Photographs

 
 

Personal and Community Stories about this Area

 
 

Back to Index