Back to Index

Foxholm Township
T156N R85W Latitude = 48-19-47 N
Longitude = 101-38-33 W
 History
 

Towns / Cities
All Information from the Book "North Dakota Place Names" by Douglas A Wick

Foxholm

This was a Soo Line Rail Road station built in 1886 in NW1/4 Section 2-156-85, Foxholm Township, between Burlington and Donnybrook. The post office was established May 7, 1894 with Jens Glein Post Master. Peter Fugelso, later Post master at Minot, owned the town site, which was named by railroad officials for Foxholm, England. The elevation is 1657, the Zip Code is 58738, and a population of about 200 was maintained for many years, although there has been a sharp decline since 1960. On April 21, 1967 the post office became a rural branch of Burlington.

Lone Tree / Lonetree

This was a Great Northern Railroad townsite in SW1/4 Section 32-156-85, Foxholm Township, four miles west of Des Lacs, and named by GNRR officials for the lone tree fifty rods west of town. The post office was established March 20, 1888 with Theodore Schufelt Postmaster, but the order was rescinded. It was reestablished February 14, 1890 with Nicholaus Zirbes Postmaster, but closed November 11, 1891 with mail to Minot. Later this area was served by the Des Lacs post office until the local post office reopened August 1, 1902 using the one-word spelling, LONETREE.

 

Business History

 
 

Schools

 

 

Cemeteries

Foxholm Township Cemetery
SW 1/4 Section 32

Saint Mary's Catholic Cemetery
NE1/4 Section 2-156-85  8/28/31
 

Churches

St. Mary's Catholic Church

 Foxholm, ND
701-468-5959
 

 

 

Historical / Genealogy Society
 

 

Historical, Genealogical and Ethnic Events

 
 

Photographs

 
 

Personal and Community Stories about this Area

 
 

Back to Index