Back to Index

Margaret Township
T157N R81W Latitude = 48-25-00 N
Longitude = 101-06-00 W
History
 

Towns / Cities
All Information from the Book "North Dakota Place Names" by Douglas A Wick

Peebler

This was a farm post office established July 1, 1902 with John W. Peebler Postmaster. It was located in NE1/4 Section 26-157-81, Margaret Township, fifteen miles NE of Minot. On February 3, 1903 it moved one mile SE to the home of new Postmaster William H. Allen in SE1/4 Section 25-157-81. On November 9, 1903 Mr. Allen moved the post office one mile NE to the new Great Northern Railroad townsite of Deering in NW1/4 Section 30-157-80, Deering Township, McHenry County, adopting the new name.

Wolseth  Map

This Great Northern Railroad station was founded in 1915 in SW1/4 Section 3-157-81, Margaret Township, seven miles SE of Glenburn. The post office was established May 23, 1916 with William R White Postmaster, and named for Gunder T. Wolseth (1872-1950), who came to Minnesota in 1893 from Norway, and moved here in 1902. He donated the land for the townsite. A small village began, but the 1920 population of 25 was never exceeded. The post office, Zip Code 58796, closed November 30, 1972 with mail to Glenburn.

 

Business History

 
 

Schools

School #1  Section 4

School #2  Section 30
   

Cemeteries

Nidaros Cemetery  NW 1/4 Section 11

 
 

Churches

Nidaros Church   Section 2  

 

 

Historical / Genealogy Society
 

 

Historical, Genealogical and Ethnic Events

 
 

Photographs

 
 

Personal and Community Stories about this Area

 
 

Back to Index