Back to Index

Spencer Township
T159N R89W Latitude = 48-36-00 N
Longitude = 102-07-00 W
History
 

Towns / Cities
All Information from the Book "North Dakota Place Names" by Douglas A Wick

Kenaston

This Great Northern Rail Road station was founded in 1906 in NE1/4 Section 12-159-89, Spencer Township, four miles SSW of Kenmare, and named for F.E. Kenaston, President of the Minneapolis Thresher Company and a stockholder of the GNRR. The post office was established October 23, 1907 with Thomas Dodd's post master. A village of about 50 people existed for many years, but a decline began after World War II and the post office closed July 2, 1965 with mail to Kenmare.

 

Business History

 
 

Schools

School #3  Section 5

Buck School  Section 29
   

Cemeteries

Our Savior's Lutheran Cemetery
NE1/4 Section 35-159-89
Organized about 1/1908   10/13/61

 
 

Churches

Our Savior's Lutheran Church  

 

 

Historical / Genealogy Society
 

 

Historical, Genealogical and Ethnic Events

 
 

Photographs

 
 

Personal and Community Stories about this Area

 
 

Back to Index