Back to Index

Tatman Township
R157N R82W Latitude = 48-25-00 N
Longitude = 101-17-00 W
History
 

Towns / Cities
All Information from the Book "North Dakota Place Names" by Douglas A Wick

Lynch

This was a farm post office established March 1, 1902 with Robert Dumond Postmaster, who named it for John Lynch, a pioneer area homesteader who came here in 1886 and was clerk of the District Court for many years. It was located in SW1/4 Section 30-157-82, Tatman Township, twelve miles north of Minot, and just east of the present-day Minot Air Force Base. Joshua H. Humphreys became the Postmaster in 1903, and operated it in conjunction with a country store, insurance agency and justice of the peace service. The post office closed October 15, 1909 with mail to Glenburn.

Ruthville

Business History

 
 

Schools

School #1  Section 11

School #2  Section 8
School #3  Section 29 School #4  Section 22

Cemeteries

Lynch Immanuel Church Cemetery
(German Evangelical Lutheran Cem)
NE1/4 Section 18-157-82     9/23/31

Swedish Lutheran Cemetery
NE 1/4 Section 14
 

Churches

Bethany Church   Section 11 Lynch Church   Section 7

 

 

Historical / Genealogy Society
 

 

Historical, Genealogical and Ethnic Events

 
 

Photographs

 
 

Personal and Community Stories about this Area

 
 

Back to Index