Back to Index

Vang Township
T153N R85W Latitude = 47-03-04 N
Longitude = 101-35-15 W
History
From the Ryder Diamond Jubilee Book, 1906-1981

It is uncertain how Vang Township received its name, but it has been told that it was named after a party who never filed, just squatted, until homesteaders came in and moved them out.

Towns / Cities
All Information from the Book "North Dakota Place Names" by Douglas A Wick

Grelland

This was a farm post office established October 11, 1902 with Johann W. Rode Post Master. It was located in NE1/4 Section 23-153-85, Vang Township, sixteen miles SW of Minot and made several moves within the immediate area before closing August 15, 1918 with mail to Drady.

 

Business History

 
 

Schools

 

 

Cemeteries

Rose Valley Lutheran Cemetery 
NW 1/4 Section 10

9 Miles South, 17 Miles West of Minot
Need a name
Hiland Cemetery SW 1/4 NW 1/4 Section 18  

Churches

   

 

 

Historical / Genealogy Society
 

 

Historical, Genealogical and Ethnic Events

 
 

Photographs

 
 

Personal and Community Stories about this Area

 
 

Back to Index