A. Joseph Dagler (TYLER) was born August 1801 in Surbourg, Alsace,
France, the son of John George and Maria Anne (Dusch) Dagler and
grandson of Heinrich. Joseph and several brothers and sisters came to
Buffalo, New York in 1828. Joseph, wife, Barbara, and daughter came to
New York in 1829. Joseph's wife was the former Barbara Ring, born 1804,
the daughter of Frederick and Magdena (Brotz) Ring of Surbourg.
1) George born 1828, died 1829
2) Magdelena born 1829, Surbourg
3) Barbara born 1831 in Buffalo, New York died 1851, married Casper Scheidt of Wisconsin. Barbara left two young children, Joseph and Barbara, to be raised by their father. Barbara married Ben Willich and had a large family. The Willichs came to Elm Creek and lived until the early 1900's. Two sons returned to Elm Creek.
4) Joseph born 1834 in Buffalo, died in the Andersonville Prison during 'The War Between The States' better known as 'The Civil War'
5) Jacob born 1836, Buffalo, married Evaline Schultz in Wisconsin. He was also a Civil War veteran. This family moved to Sterling, Nebraska.
6) Catherine born 1838, Buffalo, New York, died 1905 in Overton, Nebraska. She married John P. Arendt in Wisconsin in 1857. They had:
Mary, born 1858, died Overton 1935,married Pat Carey of Elm Creek;
Annie born 1859, married 1877 to Daniel C. Bond;
Minnie born June 15, 1862 in Wisconsin married John Connell in Elm Creek 1884. Minnie died November 25, 1946 in Haines City, Florida,
George, married to Mary Smith, was depot agent for several years around the turn of the century in Elm Creek;
Maggie 1871-1926, married Frank Buchart.
Eva born 1875 married Sid Clark of Elm Creek;
Rosella (Rose) born 1876, died 1900.
7) John born March 13, 1841, Buffalo, New York. Married August 1, 1865 in Carleton, Kewaunee County, Wisconsin to Bridget Rogers, born Spetember 1, 1843 in Pokemouche, Gloucester County, New Brunswick, Canada, the daughter of Charles and Theotiste (Catherine) (Finn) Rogers. One of her grandmothers was Marie Saulnier, a French Acadian girl, whose ancestors were immortalized by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in his poem, "Evangeline". John died in Emmett, Idaho in 1913 and Bridget in 1935. John and Bridget had:
Josephine Barbara born 1867 in Wisconsin, married in Elm Creek, December 24, 1884 to Charles Loible.
John born 1867 in Wisconsin died in 1877 in Elm Creek.
Joseph Williams born 1874 in Elm Creek died in 1938 at Emmett, Idaho married Grace Steele.
Charles born in 1877 in Elm Creek married Minnie Jones of Emmett.
Frederick Valentine born in 1880 in Elm Creek, died in Boise, Idaho in 1950. He married Mary Kedey in 1906.
George Eugene born 1882, Elm Creek, died 1947 at Lexington, Nebraska married Ruby Palmer.
Edward Jacob born in 1885, Elm Creek married Nancy Bishop in Idaho in 1909.
8) Josephine was born in 1848 in Wisconsin died in 1885 at Elm Creek. She married Nicholas Bregger, a Civil War veteran, in Wisconsin.