© MJH 1998 - 2016 for Buffalo County NEGenWeb Project
BUFFALO COUNTY HISTORY
- A brief history of the early settlement of Buffalo County.
- Buffalo County from Johnson's History of Nebraska Published in 1880.
- Buffalo County and Its People, a two-volume set by Samuel Clay Bassett, published in 1916. Volume I includes the history of the organization and settlement of the county and the towns within the county, as well as churches and other organizations. Volume II is biographical. Included is A Broken Axle, - article about an early Buffalo Co. settler family; scroll down to page 70.
- Buffalo County by Lyle Edwin Mantor, from Who's Who in Nebraska, published 1940.
- History of Denman, written by Dessa Woodman. Thanks to Raye Woodman for permitting us to put this on-line, and to Rene Bunck for scanning it and preparing the all-name index!
- Lincoln Journal Immigrant Issue, Sunday, June 7, 1887
- Publisher sought to move U.S. capital to Nebraska A proposal by Moses H. Sydenham to relocate the national capital to the Kearney area.
- Oldtime Nebraska -- A site dedicated to preserving Nebraska history, done by Dick Taylor.
- Our Towns - History of towns in Buffalo County compiled by Jane Graff.
- Stories, Memories and Pictures of Buffalo County.
- The History of the State of Nebraska (1882) , A T Andreas, publisher, is a part of KanColl. The Buffalo County chapter is an excellent resource for the history of the county. It includes biographical sketches on some of the leading citizens in 1882.