Oscar, Ettie, and daughter Madge McCurry and John W. Royle lived in the old bank building.
The white horse was named Noble. Photo about 1909.
Sartoria Blacksmith shop, with Oliver McCurry and Harry Royle
In the 1890s for a time Richard Hughes had the blacksmith shop.
he died in 1898 or 1899 the shop was taken over by Oscar McCurry and John W. Royle.
Blacksmith Shop, Swenson's Store and Swenson's house, about 1936. Photo by Pearl Jones Shafto.
Sartoria site, about 1936. Blacksmith Shop. The tree is at the old site of the hotel. Photo by Pearl Jones Shafto
The old Post Office and Kretschmar Store buildings, about 1936
Submitted by Glenn Hay
Back to Stories and Pictures
MJH, Buffalo County NEGenWeb Project © 2010