This monument once stood in the center of
the intersection of Central Avenue and 25th
Street (U.S. Highway 30). Later it was moved
to an "island" at the intersection. Now it
stands near the Museum of Nebraska Art, about
one-half block far from its original location.
"To Willie From Teacher"
See Midway Hotel for a picture of the monument in its original location.
Submitted by Mona Houser, from a collection of her
father, Will C. Mueller (1905 - 1978)
Back to Stories and Pictures
MJH, Buffalo County NEGenWeb Project © 1999, 2000