Hello - My name is Betty Aron Schneider and I am the County Coordinator for Cheyenne County.
Please look around, there's lots to see and more coming all the time. If you have any information you would like to share with others "searching for their roots" in Cheyenne County, please let me know. Also contact me by e-mail if you are willing to do "look-ups". Contributions are always welcome.
I am sorry that I cannot do local research for you as I do not live anywhere nearby. I live in southern California.
If you have any questions or problems with this page please feel free to e-mail me.
Map of Cheyenne County
This is available in .pdf * format.
If you do not have a .pdf reader installed on your computer you will need to
install the FREE Adobe Reader here.
*Web Definition: pdf (portable document format) - A file format created by Adobe, initally to provide a standard form for storing and editing printed publishable documents. Because documents in .pdf format can easily bee seen and printed by users on a variety of computer and platform types, they are very common on the World Wide Web. To view files of this type, download the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free from Adobe's Web site.
To all visitors to our Cheyenne County NEGenWeb Project site: Please be aware that the information contained on this site, including webpage design, text and photos, is owned and copyrighted by the county coordinator, unless otherwise noted. "Borrowing/Copying" text or photos without receiving permission to use on another website can be considered copyright infringement, as well as being discourteous. We would like to think we are generous folks, so if you find something you would like to use, please contact the County Coordinator for this county. You can read more about copyright, along with what you might find available on our NEGenWeb Project county sites by visiting the
Availability Statement found on our State page.
"Links to sites that are not part of the USGenWeb Project are provided for your convenience and do not imply any endorsement of the sites or their contents by the USGenWeb Project or its
members. Neither the USGenWeb Project nor its members are responsible for the contents of any "third party" site which you may access from a link on this page."
History of Western Nebraska and Its People
Neighboring Counties http://cogenweb.com/logan/index.htm
Search this site with Pico Search
Cheyenne Census Map
with permission of S-K Publications
Cheyenne County Mail List
If you would like to subscribe to the Cheyenne County mail list please click on the subscribe link below. Please turn off your signature line.
Subscribe Unsubscribe If you would prefer to subscribe to the Cheyenne County mail list digest version do it here. Again, please turn off your signature line.
Cheyenne County Researchers
RootsWeb Resources Page
Message Boards -- for your contributions.
- Listing of Cheyenne County Cemeteries -- contributed by the Cheyenne County Genealogical Society and submitted to them by Faetta Schreinert.
- Cheyenne County Look-ups -- obits, books, marriage records and more.
- Cheyenne County Mortuaries -- contributed by the Cheyenne county Genalogical Society and submitted by Lorraine Lafler.
- Lawmen of Cheyenne County© -- contributed by the Cheyenne County Genealogical Society, written by Ada schulz Ammerman.
- Cheyenne Communities -- information from here and there
- Cheyenne Biographies -- Biographies of Cheyenne County residents submitted by you.
- Cheyenne Obits -- Obituaries of Cheyenne County residents contributed by you.
- 1964 Farm Directory -- A listing of farmers, section, township-range, and postoffice in the Cheyenne County Farm Directory -- published by Dakota Directory Service Mitchell, S.D.
- 1964 Advertising Directory -- A list of advertisers in the Cheyenne County Farm Directory -- published by Dakota Directory Service Mitchell, S.D.
- Alternate Query and Surname site --for those who prefer not to use the GenConnect Forum.
- Nebraska STATE GAZETTEER 1917 - Business list.
- Cheyenne Co Features Page - A list of schools, communities, churches, cemeteries and other features found in Cheyenne county.
- Precinct & Cemetery Maps - Maps locating the Cheyenne Co Cemeteries.
- "Immigration Issue" of Lincoln Journal -- Sunday 5 June 1887. This was a special issue intended to provide the towns of Nebraska with an opportunity to attract new residents.
- NEBRASKA ANCESTREE - SPRING - Volume 16, No. 4 - Page 131- Petition for School at Antelopeville Station in Cheyenne County (later Kimball County) requested by Mary 'Grandma' Lynch.
- VolumeThree, (1 issue) 1980-1981 Cheyenne County
- Volume Three, no. 3, Winter 1980 Abstracts from Potter Review, Cheyenne Co
- Volume Eight, no. 1, Summer 1985 The Sidney Telegraph, 11 March 1875
- Volume Sixteen, no. 3 Winter 1994 Men That Worked for the Nebraska Dept. of Roads - 1934
- Volume Sixteen, no. 4, Spring 1994 School Petition, Antelopeville
The Cheyenne County chapter.
- Distinguished Service Cross awards to Nebraska veterans of WW I - A story written about the servicemen from Nebraska that received the Distinguished Service Cross
- Historic Bridges of Nebraska -- Cheyenne County
- Nebraska in the Civil War
- "The History of the State of Nebraska", A. T. Andreas, pub. 1882.
- Cheyenne County Scenes -- in pictures and postcards. Contributed by you.
- ROSTER OF COUNTY OFFICIALS, 1921-1922
- Boys Who Had Become Twenty-0ne by 1917 -- A list of names of persons whose registration cards were in the possession of the local draft board.
- 1890 Veterans Census NE ED92 Fort sidney, Cheyenne, NE -- thanks to Ted Miller for making this available.
- Your contribution could be here :~>
Road Map of Cheyenne County
Cheyenne County Links & Addresses
Links to some of the towns in Cheyenne County: Photos of Cheyenne--
- Sidney High School, 1909, 1915-1916
- Yours could be here -- do you have a photo of your school, class, church, family business, family reunion, family home, etc. If you would like to see it here please let me know. If it is newer than 1920 please obtain permission from the photographer to post it on these pages. If you took the photo, permission of others is not needed. Email me with the info.
Addresses of Cheyenne Genealogical & Historical Organizations & Libraries
Cheyenne County Addresses
(click on photo for larger view)
Cheyenne County Court House
1000 10th Ave
Sidney, NE 69162-1612
Cheyenne County Historical Society
Fort Sidney Complex
6th & Jackson Sts.
Sidney, NE 69162
Cheyenne County Genealogical Society
Attn: Joyce Jallen, Treasurer
P.O. Box 802
Nebraska National Register Sites in Cheyenne County
National Register of Historic Places in Cheyenne County
Please use your "Back" button on your browser to return to this page.
Links of Interest to Nebraskans
NEGenWeb Resource Center
Nebraska State Genealogical Society
Choose other Nebraska Counties to browse through the --
Review Nebraska State historical resources at the --
Nebraska State Historical Society
Review the history of Nebraska Counties at --
Andreas History of Nebraska
Andreas Map of Nebraska
Oldtime Nebraska -- History collection
When you do not know the county but you do know the name,
or know the name with an obsolete place --
Data from the Rand McNally Atlas of 1895
The 1895 Atlas Project
Nebraska Tombstone Transcription Project
Nebraska Census Project Census Tools -
35 free electronic spreadsheets
for archiving federal, state and
international census data!
1880 Federal Census Look-ups
NEGenWeb Project Resource Center
HISTORY OF NEBRASKA,
by Harrison Johnson
HISTORY REMINISCENCE and BIOGRAPHY
- Guennes Gunderson of Cheyenne County
MAPS OF NEBRASKA COUNTIES 1854 to PRESENT -s
NEBRASKANS 1904 to 1914 -
photos of men who were founders of the State
Links to the USA and Beyond
Choose other US States to browse through the --
Search the archives with the --
USGenWeb Archives Search Engine
Choose other countries to browse through the --
Find a really great list of genealogical resources at --
Cyndi Howells List of Genealogy Sites
About the NEGenWeb Project The NEGenWeb Project was formed June, 15, 1996, when Dale Schneider created the Nebraska Genealogy Project as a part of the USGenWeb Genealogy Project. At that time, there was very little available on the web for those who were researching genealogy in Nebraska. Over the next year, volunteers were recruited to coordinate the webpages for each county. These volunteers were willing to coordinate the collection of databases and generally oversee the contents of the county webpages, which would include listing information on where to look in that county for genealogical research. Contact the volunteer shown on the county page if you have a desire to help or add your data to the database. You may notice a message on a county page indicating it is available for adoption. If you would like to adopt one of these counties, please contact the current coordinator of the page, whose name is listed on their county site, or the State Coordinator.
Betty Aron Schneider --
If you have problems with the above link try this one--
Betty Aron Schneider
and please put "Cheyenne County" on the subject line.
You are our 64648 visitor since November 6,1997 -- thanks for stopping by!
This page was last updated on Sunday, 28-Aug-2011 20:12:01 MDT
Copyright © 1997-2007 - "The HTML coding, compilations, and layout are copyrighted by
Betty Aron Schneider and are provided for the convenience of fellow genealogical researchers and other interested parties, with no warranty of accuracy or usability. All materials on this web site may be reproduced for non-commercial genealogical use as long as copyright notice is included. All material that was submitted by others remain the sole property of the submitters. All other rights reserved.
"Should anything unexpected happen to me and I am no longer able to fulfill my obligations, I want it known that all information contained in this website would become the responsibility of the NEGenWeb Project, as part of The USGenWeb Project, to do with as the NEGenWeb State Coordinator (s) feel appropriate. And further, should such an occasion arise, I grant permission to the System Administrator of RootsWeb to release account/password information to the NEGenWeb State Coordinator (s) as needed. -- Betty Aron Schneider