A Place for Sharing
BMD's and related information: Marriage Records, Probate Index, Cemetery Readings, Obituaries
Old News, Biographies, Naturalizations, Photographs
Search Social Security Death Index (SSDI) - Family Tree Legends
Looking for ancestors?
COLFAX COUNTY, NEBRASKA
Take some time and browse here... you'll find lots of links and information to help you with your search.
Hello Colfax County researchers. My name is Sherri Brakenhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I am your Colfax County coordinator. If you would like to contribute information to this page, or have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know. Thank you for visiting Colfax County--please stop back!
Communities in Colfax County:
Counties bordering Colfax County:
Can't find a place?
- Towns in Colfax County - then and now.
- Colfax County Maps - shows location of townships, towns, etc.
- 1914 map - special thanks to Janie Edwards for all her work! Scroll down to Nebraska; then Colfax Co.
- Land Survey on the Great Plains Learn to read a platbook, or a map of any kind--written for the Kansas Collection, but useful for any place in the Great Plains. Written by Dick Taylor.
- 1895 Colfax Co. Map by Pam Rietsch. It includes locations that have since become obsolete.
- 1885 Atlas - The Official State Atlas of Nebraska with county maps
- USGS Government Mapping Information Type in Nebraska for state name and Colfax for county. Add feature type (e.g., cemetery) and search.
|site search by freefind|
Need to Learn More or Go Beyond Colfax County?
- USGenWeb Project
- 1895 Atlas Title Page by Pam Rietsch. It includes locations that have since become obsolete.
Beyond the USA?
- Find a great list of genealogical resources at Cyndi Howells List of Genealogy Sites
In March and April, 1996, a group of genealogists organized the Kentucky Comprehensive Genealogy Database Project. The idea was to provide a single entry point for all counties in Kentucky, where collected databases would be stored. In addition, the databases would be indexed and cross-linked, so that even if an individual were found in more than one county, they could be located in the index.
This is an outgrowth of that original Kentucky project.
At the same time, volunteers were found who were willing to coordinate the collection of databases and generally oversee the contents of the web page. Contact the volunteer shown on the county page if you have a desire to add your data to the database. If the county in which you are interested does not have a page and/or you wish to participate in some way, please contact the State Coordinator.
You may notice a message beside the county listing indicating it is available for adoption. This means that while we have created the county page, we are now looking for someone to take it over. If you would like to adopt a web page for one of these counties, please contact the current owner of the page, whose name is listed at the bottom of their county page, or the State Coordinator.
Colfax County NEGenWeb Project Page
This is a free site. © 2011 slb. This page may not be copied or distributed or accessed for profit without the written permission of the copyright holder or the owner of this site. Please notify the site owner if you have come to this site as a result of a paid subscription to another site.