HAPPY HOLLOW CEMETERY
In earlier years there was a small cemetery south of Berwyn, Custer County, Nebraska - which in later years was being farmed over. It was not fenced nor did it have any gravestones. This cemetery was first brought to the attention of the Custer County Historical Society on June 24, 1977 by Mr. Rex Howe of Litchfield, Nebraska.
This cemetery was in the old Happy Hollow School District No. 116 area. The cemetery itself is almost exactly seven miles south of the village of Berwyn. It is here that several members of the pioneer Cone family were buried along with several others.
The cemetery is located along the southern edge of the Northeast Quarter of Section 21, Towship 15, Range 19 - on what was identified in the 1904 Standard Atlas of Custer County as the old John Staab Ranch.
Back To Cemeteries