Denton Community
Historical Society

HOME

Emerald,  NE.
Churches


ST. JOHN'S GERMAN EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH
1871-1953
Middle Creek Precinct
The church was located in Section 29 in Township 10 North, Range 5, Middle Creek Precinct, two miles west of Emerald. The church was built in 1871. The language was changed from German to English in the mid 1930's. The church was closed in 1953. The church was sold and removed.


EMERALD METHODIST CHURCH
1879-1940's
Middle Creek
Emerald Methodist Church was organized in 1879. The church was a small colonial building with a small belfry located in front. The first pastor was Rev. F. A. Stuff, who served from 1885 to 1890. The church was located on the northwest corner of the intersection of Highway 6 and the Denton-Malcolm Road. Just about World War II the church no longer served the community. The building was moved north about a block by Walter Becker, who wanted the corner for a large commercial business.


EMERALD MISSOURI SYNOD LUTHERAN CHURCH
Late 1920's
Middle Creek Precinct
Emerald had a Lutheran Church for a short time in the late 1920's. It was a mission church started by the Missouri Synod. A building was put up to serve as a temporary church. It was located on the east side of Emerald on the south side of the road. The plan was to convert it to a parsonage when the church was built. However, the church was closed and the building was sold. The building was converted to a private home.


Copyright  2011
Webmaster - Kathie Harrison
Denton Community Historical Society of Nebraska