Fillmore County, Nebraska

 

(Last Updated 07/11/2004

Come visit Ohiowa!

 

History:

The village of Ohiowa was first incorporated on March 25, 1887 by the Fillmore County Commissioners.  The first board members appointed then were:  William F. Buchmeier, D. Hesse, Phil Jenkins, Dr. T. J. McGee and J. W. Quinlan.  The village soon held an election and the following men were elected:  William F. Buchmeier, Dr. T. J. McGee, J. W. Quinlan, S. Radford and Charles Summers.  

The first chairman of the board was William F. Buchmeier.

The first clerk was C. A. Fowler.

The first treasurer was R. L. Clemons.

The first marshal was Frank Badger.

The first street commissioner was Hartford Wood.

 

Residents living in or near Ohiowa:

Some of the early residents were:

Later Residents:

Photo on Main Street in Ohiowa

 

May 2001

Return to Homepage

Last Updated:  Sunday, July 11, 2004

Copyrightę 2000 - 2004 
Sharlene K. Miller 
All rights reserved.