Fillmore County, Nebraska

(Last Updated 07/14/2004 )

Nebraska State Gazetteer
Business Directory & Farmer List
for 1890 and 1891
J. M. Wolf & Co., Publishers
510 Paxton Block
Omaha, Nebraska 1890

This page  was transcribed and formatted by Sharlene K. Miller. All rights are reserved. This page is for use as a reference only and may not be reproduced or published by any method.

Strang

Strang is a growing village at the junction of the Fairmont & Chester branch and the Holdredge & Nebraska City line of the B & M RR. It is in Fillmore county, about eight miles south of Geneva, the county town. The Strang Reporter is published by W. B. Ramsey. The Fillmore County Bank is located here with a capital of $20,000. The surrounding country is well cultivated and contributes much to the success of the business operations of the town. The population is 400. The churches are the Congregational, Methodist and United Brethren.

Name of Establishment or Business Person

Type of Business

Aker Mrs Ada

prop Metropolitan Hotel

Commercial Hotel

E Mack prop

Dunker Henry

harnessmaker

Durham M S

general merchandise

Fillmore County Bank

capital $20000; M Hettinger pres; A J Hettinger casheier

Harris, Woodman & Co

grain

Kimbro J

meat market

Mack E

prop Commercial Hotel

Metropolitan Hotel

Mrs Ada Aker prop

Mitchell B

drugs

Mulvane Mrs O

millinery

Odell B M

groceries

Ong Nels

livery

Pierson J M

hardware

Price J W

grain

Ramsey W B

publisher The Strang Reporter

Schultz Eli

agricultural implements

Sheppard W & Son

lumber and coal

Simms Bros

furniture

Stevens Mrs C A

confectionery

Taylor A J

barber

Taylor N G

flour, feed, postmaster

Taylor Mrs. R

millinery

Thompson J W

physician

Umbach Mrs C

general merchandise

Vodra GN

blacksmith

Walker C A

sta, tel and ex agent

Whitman George

livery

Whitman M H

real estate, insurance

 

Return to Homepage

 

Copyrightę 2000 - 2004 
Sharlene K. Miller. All rights reserved.
Last Update: 07/14/2004