P. O. Box 391
Beaver City, NE 68926
Thanks go to Eula Brown of the Furnas
County Genealogical Society for sharing this list of
resources that have been collected by the members over
- Collection of all available Furnas County
newspapers on microfilm.
- All Stamford (Harlan County) newspapers on
- Furnas County Marriage Index on microfilm.
- Census records (1880, 1885, 1890, 1900, 1910)
for Furnas and surrounding counties.
- Index card file of marriages.
- Index card file of obituaries.
- Tombstone inscriptions books for:
Red Willow County
Part of Phelps County
Part of Lancaster County
Part of Norton County, KS
- "Our shelves contain 100s of three ring
notebooks of various sizes containing researched
family information which includes family [group]
sheets, photo's, obituaries, and family
- Church records notebooks.
- Index card file of rural school students.
- Index card file of rural school teachers.
- Rural School histories.
- Land owners' Plat map books from 1904 to the
- Index card file of naturalizations.
- Index card file of Civil War veterans.
- Index card file of Spanish American War
- Index card file of World War I veterans.
- Index card file of World War II veterans.
- Fifty-five (55) printed family histories.
- "We maintain a photo collection,
The Furnas County Genealogical
Society has the following publications for
- Hendley, Nebraska Centenial Book - $10.00 plus
$1.00 postage & handling.
- Early Precept Book - $25.00 plus $3.00 postage
- History of Beaver City
- $4.50 plus $1.00 postage & handling.
- Early Arapahoe, Nebraska
- $6.00 plus $1.00 postage & handling.
FURNAS COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY dues are $7.50 per
Research fees (for searches of items in our collection
and at the Furnas County Courthouse:
"$10.00 per hour plus 25¢ per page copied and $1.00
NOTE: This list of
resources, prices, and fees are posted as a research aid.
The FURNAS COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY is not part
of the NEGenWeb Project.
A Listing Of Libraries and Genealogical/Historical
Societies In Nebraska
Furnas County Main Page
© 2000 by Leona L. Gustafson for NEGenWeb
Background and graphics © 2000 by Leona L. Gustafson