Pleasant Hill Cemetery
Located 0.8 m S, 1.0 m. W, 0.5 m. S of Belfast, NE.
Cemetery or burial information is welcome.
Contributors: Lanny R. Kizer, Shirley
Gillespie Moore, tombstone photos by Jay Swanson
back row: Wilber D. Kizer g grandson, Marianne Kizer Long gg
granddaughter, Lanny R. Kizer gg grandson
front row: Lois Bentley Emde gg granddaughter, Lavina B. Kizer
Larson g granddaughter
- Kizer family note: Wilber D. Kizer and Lavina B. Kizer Larson are brother and sister.
Marianne and Lanny are sister and brother and niece and nephew of Wilber and
Lavina. The Kizers are descended from Henry's and
Lavina's daughter Eva Marie Babcock Dickinson Woodward. Lois Emde is
descended from their daughter Harriet Maude Babcock Miller. Marianne and
Lanny made this concrete stone. We invited family to come a watch us place the stone
between the two graves. Lavina remembers going to the grave site with her mother
and placing a blue enamel kettle at the head of Lavina Babcock's grave. We dug
around and located the kettle. It really took you back!
(Submitted by Lanny R. Kizer)
- Babcock, Henry L., September 4, 1837--
- Babcock, Lavina Angeline
Howe, March 3, 1840--January 20, 1909
- Babcock, George W., September 2, 1839--October 17, 1904,
Co. D 15 IL Infantry Civil War (GAR marker)
G.W.B.'s military grave stone is just to the south of Henry Babcock, his brother.
- Babcock, Austin B. -- September 12, 1830--June 1, 1891
- Emery, Austin B., 12 Sep 1831, 4 Jun 1894,
husband of Jane P.
- Emery, Jane P., 8 May 1845, 10 Aug 1928, wife of Austin B.
- Harris, Louisa J., 18 Jun 1842--28 May 1886,
"Gone but not
forgotten", wife of J. S. Harris
- Small stone E. H.
Harris, Ernest, 27 Dec 1890, 3 Feb 1891,
son of B. J. and J. M. Harris
- Hughes, Mace E., 6 Mar
1890, 23 Nov 1913
- Striker, Henry Spencer -- 1820-1888
- Striker, Sarah
- hard to read stone
(needs identification, similar to E. H. stone)
- hard to read stone
(needs identification, small dark colored)
| Top | Cemeteries
| Greeley Co. NEGenWeb |
Copyright © 2006 by Greeley Co. NEGenWeb
Produced by Emmett Mason
10 Mar 2006