Lutheran Parochial School
M. G. Doering as a teacher; Rev. Norman R. Gardels, son of Mr. and Mrs. A. F. Gardels; Rev. Raymond Stuckwisch, son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Stuckwisch; Rev. Dean Tegeler, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Tegeler; Rev. Gerald V. Freudenburg, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ben Freudenburg and son-in-law of Mr. and Mrs. Art Rodekohr; Rev. Roger H. Schleef, son of Pastor and Mrs. A. H. Schleef; Herbert and Walter Brase, sons of Mr. and Mrs. J. H. Brase, teachers; Herbert is the son-in-law of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Bierman; Carl Carsten, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Carsten; Rev. Ed Werner, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Werner; Rev. Joe Werner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Conrad Werner; Myron Marty, teacher and Dr. Martin E. Marty, a minister, both sons of Mr. and Mrs. E. A. Marty.
DR. MARTIN MARTY
Special mention must be given Dr. Martin Marty. He was born in West Point, Nebraska in 1928. In 1939, he came to St. John's Lutheran Church in Battle Creek with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. E. A. Marty, when his father accepted a call to Battle Creek to serve as principal in the Lutheran parochial school.
He attended St. John's school, was confirmed and attended Battle Creek High School. He then went on to Concordia Lutheran College, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, preparatory to entering Concordia Seminary for the ministry in St. Louis. Upon graduating from Concordia Seminary in 1952, his first assignment was to Grace Lutheran Church, River Forest, Illinois. This location gave him an ideal opportunity to continue his education so that beside his work as pastor in Grace Lutheran, he spent the next two years attending the Lutheran School of Theology in Chicago to earn a Maters degree. Then on to the Divinity School of the University
|Next Page||Last Page||Return to Madison Page||Table of Contents|