Merrick County, Nebraska
This Site is part of
Note: These files are old and are presented for reference only. The email addies are probably invalid
Generation No. 1
1. WILHELM JOHN1 GLAUSE was born June 1, 1830 in Prussia Germany1, and died December 5, 1903 in Worms NE2. He married MARY OTTO. She was born October 13, 1827 in Prussia Germany2, and died March 29, 18992.
More About WILHELM JOHN GLAUSE:Burial: December 07, 1903, Hall County NE - Wiegert Cemetery3
Cause of Death: short illness of lung fever4
More About MARY OTTO:
Burial: Hall County NE - Wiegert Cemetery5
Children of WILHELM GLAUSE and MARY OTTO are:
WILLIAM JOHN2 GLAUSE, b. January 5, 1857, Buffalo New York; d. October 25, 1922, Grand Island NE.
PHILIP WILLIAM GLAUSE, b. April 14, 1859, Eggertsville New York; d. December 28, 1940, Grand Island NE.
MINNIE GLAUSE, b. October 9, 1866, Buffalo New York; d. May 13, 1938.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM JOHN2 GLAUSE (WILHELM JOHN1) was born January 5, 1857 in Buffalo New York6, and died October 25, 1922 in Grand Island NE6. He married MARIA TERESA LOUISA RUDOLPH March 10, 1881 in Grand Island NE7, daughter of FRIEDRICH RUDOLF and HENRIETTE BUST. She was born December 19, 1862 in Germany8, and died September 18, 1948 in Stromsburg NE8.
More About WILLIAM JOHN GLAUSE:Burial: October 27, 1922, Archer NE - Archer EUB Cemetery8
Fact 5: 1873, Located in Merrick County NE - there for 43 years.
Fact 6: 1916, Moved to Halsey NE
More About MARIA TERESA LOUISA RUDOLPH:Burial: September 21, 1948, Archer NE - Archer EUB Cemetery9
CHURCH: Archer Evangelical
Fact 5: 1880, Came to United States.
Children of WILLIAM GLAUSE and MARIA RUDOLPH are:
FRED C.3 GLAUSE, b. May 14, 1882,
Nebraska10; d. October 21, 1890,
HULDA MANDY GLAUSE, b. January 1884, Hall county
NE12; d. August 1966;
CHARLES WILLIAM GLAUSE, b. November 3, 1886, Grand Island
NE15; d. June 11, 1951, Omaha
ELSA A GLAUSE, b. April 13, 1891, NE20; d.
December 30, 1918, NE20;
ESTHER M GLAUSE, b. April 17, 1893, Merrick County
NE23; d. December 197223;
LENA M GLAUSE, b. May 17, 1895, Merrick county
NE28; d. August 9, 1994, Stromsburg
WILLIE GLAUSE, b. Est 1897.
PAUL HERMAN GLAUSE, b. February 3, 1899, Palmer
NE34; d. April 8, 1974, Kearney
BERTHA LOUISE GLAUSE, b. April 3, 1901, Palmer
NE38; d. January 17, 1966, Broken Bow
3. PHILIP WILLIAM2 GLAUSE (WILHELM JOHN1) was born April 14, 1859 in Eggertsville New York45, and died December 28, 1940 in Grand Island NE45. He married WILHELMINE KATHERINE DULITZ September 17, 1885 in Cairo NE45, daughter of HENRY DULITZ and KATHERINE ASPACKER. She was born November 3, 1867 in Alamakee county IA45, and died December 16, 1961 in Grand Island NE45.
More About PHILIP WILLIAM GLAUSE:
Burial: December 31, 1940, Hall County NE -Wiegert Cemetery45
CHURCH: Salem Evangelical
More About WILHELMINE KATHERINE DULITZ:
Burial: December 20, 1961, Hall County, NE - Wiegert Cemetery46
Children of PHILIP GLAUSE and WILHELMINE DULITZ are:
PAULINE3 GLAUSE, b. December 18, 1886, Howard
County NE47; d. December 12, 1966, Grand Island
EMMA MARY GLAUSE, b. May 16, 188850; d.
October 9, 196650;
GEORGE L GLAUSE, b. September 12, 1889, Howard county
NE53; d. August 3, 1968, Grand Island
NOTE - See DEERTZ mini-genealogy and photos
FRANK ALBERT GLAUSE, b. October 26, 1891, St Libory
NE59; d. January 24, 1965, Grand Island
EMIL PHILIP GLAUSE, b. September 21, 189363;
d. September 28, 189363.
MINNIE GLAUSE, b. June 17, 189565; d. May 28,
LYDIA C GLAUSE, b. April 12, 1898, St Libory
NE66; d. September 24, 1987, Grand Island
JOHN ROBERT GLAUSE,SR., b. October 28, 1899, St Libory
NE68; d. August 18, 1974, Grand Island
MARY IDA GLAUSE, b. January 6, 1902, St Libory
NE70; d. August 21, 1993, Grand Island
PHILIP WILLIAM GLAUSE, b. December 12, 1904, St Libory
NE74; d. December 10, 1975, Worms
RUTH LOUISE GLAUSE, b. St Libory NE 81;
ANNA GLAUSE, b. St Libory NE84;
4. MINNIE2 GLAUSE (WILHELM JOHN1) was born October 9, 1866 in Buffalo New York89, and died May 13, 193890. She married FRED HENRY FREELAND July 2, 1884 in Grand Island NE91. He was born March 12, 1860 in Dunkirk New York92, and died May 28, 1938 in Central City NE92.
More About MINNIE GLAUSE:Burial: Hall County NE - Wiegert Cemetery93
More About FRED HENRY FREELAND:
Burial: May 29, 1938, Hall County NE - Wiegert Cemetery94
CHURCH: English Lutheran Church
Children of MINNIE GLAUSE and FRED FREELAND are:
EMMA3 FREELAND, b. December 188495; m. GROVER FARLEE; b. October 22, 188496; d. August 197196.
FRANK WILLIAM FREDRICK FREELAND, b. June 12, 1886, St Libory97; d. May 13, 1970, Central City NE98;
m. JESSIE EDNA SWAIM, January 29, 1928, Fullerton NE99; b. October 1, 1897, Ravenna NE100; d. October 23, 1986, Grand Island NE100.
More About FRANK WILLIAM FREDRICK FREELAND:
Burial: May 16, 1970, Ravenna NE - Highland Cemetery100
CHURCH: Methodist Fact 5: Bef. 1960, Lived in Litchfield NE.
Fact 6: 1960, Moved to Central City NE.
More About JESSIE EDNA SWAIM:
Burial: October 27, 1986, Ravenna NE - Highland Cemetery100
CLARA FREELAND, b. Est 1888; d. in infancy.
More About CLARA FREELAND:
Burial: Hall County, NE - Wiegert Cemetery101
ANNA FREELAND, b. February 1890102; m. WILLIAM BANDT.
LOUIE FREELAND, b. February 16, 1894103; d. November 1971103;
m. GLADYS VERPLANK, June 20, 1923104; b. May 7, 1905, Meadow Grove NE105; d. Jan. 11, 1977, Grand Island NE105.
LYDIA FREELAND, b. September 1896106; m. MALE GRUBER.
More About LYDIA FREELAND:
MAR. DATA: No children born to this marriage
EDWARD CHARLES FREELAND, b. May 10, 1898, Palmer NE107; d. July 8, 1973, Central City NE107;
m. PEARL EMILINE PECK, December 23, 1926, Central City NE107; b. December 26, 1904, Merrick county NE107; d. January 31, 1994, Central City NE107.
More About EDWARD CHARLES FREELAND:
Burial: July 10, 1973, Clarks NE - Pierce Chapel Cemetery107
CHURCH: Christian Church
More About PEARL EMILINE PECK:
Burial: February 3, 1994, Clarks NE - Pierce Chapel Cemetery107
CHURCH: First Christian
HENRY FREELAND, b. July 10, 1900108; d. January 1, 1990108; m. IVA PECK.
FRED THEODORE FREELAND, b. December 23, 1902, Palmer NE109; d. March 20, 1985, Central City NE109;
m. EVELYN O PECK, December 31, 1927, Central City NE109; b. September 2, 1908, Clarks NE109; d. November 9, 1988, Central City NE109.
More About FRED THEODORE FREELAND:
Burial: March 25, 1985, Clarks NE - Pierce Chapel Cemetery109
CHURCH: Clarks NE - United Methodist
More About EVELYN O PECK:
Burial: November 12, 1988, Clarks NE - Pierce Chapel Cemetery109
CHURCH: Clarks NE - United Methodist
ELLA FREELAND, b. July 16, 1906, Palmer NE109; d. February 14, 1996, Central City NE109;
m. GEORGE VERPLANK, June 20, 1923, Stanton NE110; b. April 18, 1903, Battle Creek NE111; d. August 24, 1982111.
More About ELLA FREELAND:
Burial: February 17, 1996, Palmer NE - Rose Hill Cemetery112
CHURCH: First Church of Christ
1. Tombstone & 1880 Census Merrick County NE
3. visited the cemetery and found tombstone..
5. visited the cemetery and found tombstone..
6. Death certificate
7. Marriage License
8. Death certificate
9. Funeral record
11. Visited the cemetery
12. U.S. Census 1900 Merrick County, Loup Precinct.
13. Social Security Death Records.
14. Marriage License
16. Funeral pamphlet
18. Funeral pamphlet
21. Marriage License
22. visited the cemetery and found tombstone..
23. Social Security Death Records.
25. Marriage License
27. visited the cemetery and found tombstone..
29. Funeral pamphlet
30. Lena's obituary
31. U.S. Census 1900 Merrick Co, Loup Precinct, listed with his parents..
32. Grand Island Daily Independent, Friday, Aug. 1994, Lena's obituary.
33. Funeral pamphlet
34. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 3, Social Security Records: U.S., SS Death Benefit Records, Surnames Beginning with G, Date of Import: Sep 6, 1996, Internal Ref. #188.8.131.52260.121
38. Baptism record
39. Death Certificate
40. Marriage license
41. Lenna Rhea Anderson & his death certificate
42. Dona F Hawk & his death certificate
43. Letter from the church
44. Obituary-also personal knowledge having attended the funeral.
48. Frank's obituary
50. Irene (Deertz) Drawbaugh.
51. Social Security Death Records.
52. Irene (Deertz) Drawbaugh.
53. George's obituary
54. U.S. Census 1900 Merrick County, Loup Precinct.
55. Karla Archuleta.
56. Karla Archuleta
58. Karla Archuleta.
60. Bessie's Obituary
61. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 3, Social Security Records: U.S., SS Death Benefit Records, Surnames Beginning with G, Date of Import: Nov 13, 1996, Internal Ref. #184.108.40.206260.109
63. Cemetery Records
64. visited the cemetery and found tombstone..
65. Doris (Fechtner) Beyersdorf.
67. Grand Island Daily Independent.
71. U.S. Census 1900 Merrick County.
72. Mary's obituary and one of the kids.
74. Andy Glause.
76. Marriage license
77. Grand Island Daily Independent, April 11, 1983, obituary.
79. visited the cemetery and found tombstone..
81. Ruth (Glause) Stelk.
82. Arthur's obituary
84. Connie Spilger.
86. Grand Island Daily Independent, Nov 5 1989, obituary.
90. Fred's Obituary
91. Marriage license
93. visited the cemetery and found tombstone..
95. U.S. Census 1900 Merrick County.
96. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 3, Social Security Records: U.S., SS Death Benefit Records, Surnames Beginning with F, Date of Import: Nov 15, 1996, Internal Ref. #220.127.116.11218.43
98. Funeral record- Solt & Byers Funeral Home at Central City NE
99. Frank's obituary
100. Funeral record- Solt & Byers Funeral Home at Central City NE
101. visited the cemetery and found tombstone..
102. U.S. Census 1900 Merrick County.
103. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 3, Social Security Records: U.S., SS Death Benefit Records, Surnames Beginning with F, Date of Import: Nov 15, 1996, Internal Ref. #18.104.22.168652.93
104. Glady's obituary.
106. U.S. Census 1900 Merrick County.
108. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 3, Social Security Records: U.S., SS Death Benefit Records, Surnames Beginning with F, Date of Import: Nov 16, 1996, Internal Ref. #22.214.171.124656.8
110. Ella's Obituary
111. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 3, Social Security Records: U.S., SS Death Benefit Records, Surnames Beginning with V, Date of Import: Nov 16, 1996, Internal Ref. #126.96.36.199312.168
112. Obituary -- Wilhelm John GLAUSE
Mr Glause Sr, father of Phillip Glause, died at the home of his son Saturday afternoon at two o'clock after a short illness of lung fever. The deceased was 73 years of age and leaves three children, all of whom are married and there are several grandchildren to mourn his loss. His wife preceded him in death a few years ago and herby another of the oldest settlers has been called to eternity. The remains were buried in the Wiegert cemetery Monday afternoon.
(taken from Grand Island Independent Friday, December 11, 1903)
Submitted by: Dona Hawk
"The Fine Print"
Merrick County Coordinator: Martha A Crosley Graham
The NEGenWeb State Coordinator is David Gochenour
The NEGenWeb Assistant Coordinator is Bill Oliver
Information contained on all of the pages within the Merrick County portion of the NEGenWeb may be used for personal genealogical and historical purposes.
Please be considerate of copyright information and give credit where credit is due:
Any and all donated data will remain with the County in the event of the resignation of the County Coordinator.
If any person who donates material in
the future and wishes to have it returned to them, it will be accomplished upon request.