WORMS - This inland town was founded about the same time as the Lutheran Church was established there in 1874. The early settlers were chiefly of German descent, and the village was named after the German town of the same name, in Rheinhessen, Germany. A store and post office was established. The post office was discontinued with the coming of rural delivery of mail. The town now consists of the big Lutheran Church and Parochial School; a large Farmers Union general store; a tavern; and an auto garage.
SUNRISE - In the early days a store, post office and blacksmith shop comprised the inland town of Sunrise in Mead Precinct. It was located on what is now the Nesbitt farm close to the Nance County line, 15 miles northeast of Palmer. The town has been inactive for many years. An unused church building close by was recently moved to Palmer to become the sanctuary of the Wesleyan Methodist Church of which Rev. Carl Dooley is pastor.
HAVENS - Located half way between Clarks and Silver Creek, Havens still has an elevator in operation, but the remainder of the business section is practically unused. Less than a quarter of a century ago, its store, garage, picture theatre, hall and post office were in active operation.
THIRD CITY LIVESTOCK COMMISSION CO.
Grand Island, Nebraska
GAGLE SERVICE STATION
Site Updated: 03 December 2015