NEGenweb Project
Merrick County
On Line Resources

Merrick County's 100th Year: 1858-1958

 

Photograph
ST. JOHN'S LUTHERAN CHURCH
(Missouri Synod)
Palmer, Nebraska

The persons who later organized this church attended services at Worms until formal organization of the Palmer Church on September 22, 1901. The first pastor was Rev. J. D. Schroeder, D.D., pastor of the Worms church. Services were held in the Palmer Church of Christ from 1898 to 1907. The first church was built in 1907.

The Charter Members were:
     William Quandt, Robert Zuehlke, Bruno Burkhardt, Karl Loeffelbein, Karl Rudolf, Jr., August Rochlist, Adam Donscheske, Karl Rudolf, Sr., Herman Luebke, Henry Albers, Frank Dankert and John Henry Bruns.

The present pastor is Rev. K. H. Tiernan.

The present church edifice was erected in 1949, the cornerstone laying ceremonies being held on June 5, 1949.

 


THE WESLEYAN METHODIST CHURCH OF PALMER
This church organization is of comparatively recent origin and is pastored by Rev. Carl H. Dooley.

Services have been held continuously for the past several years. The congregation is looking forward to the day when a permanent place of worship can be had. This goal is about to be reached with the acquisition of a church building moved in from the Sunrise community northeast of Palmer, and placed on a previously provided basement room.

Charter Members in 1952:
     Mr. and Mrs. Oliver Peck, Mr. and Mrs. Richard Eckstrom, Mr. and Mrs. Erwin Eckstrom, Mrs. George Eckstrom, Mrs. Clara Hawthorne, Rev, and Mrs. Carl Dooley.


THE CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE
Palmer, Nebraska
Organized in Palmer, Nebraska in 1949.

The church building was purchased from St. John's Lutheran and moved to a different location.

The Charter Members were:
     Mr. and Mrs. Lester Giersdorf, George Pontius, Norma Jean Pontius, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Stearman.

The present pastor is Mrs. Goldia Stearman.

 


EVANGELICAL UNITED BRETHREN CHURCH
Archer, Nebraska
First organization dates from 1872, when services were held in the Emmanuel Evangelical Church Community about six miles west of Chapman, Nebraska.

Early pastors were Rev. Radinsky, Rev. Fischer, Rev. Beckmann and Rev. Woelz.

Early church services were held in the schoolhouses in Merrick County School Districts No. 35 and No. 46. First church building was erected near Archer in 1884. Parsonage built in 1900. First resident pastor was Rev. C. Stauss. Present church edifice was erected in 1919.

Charter Members:
     Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Wegner, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Rudolf, Mrs. August Retzlaff, Mr. and Mrs. Carl Schleuter.

Present pastor is Rev. Armin Vogt.

Photograph
Archer E.U.B. Church

 

Compliments of REIMERS, INC. Central City

52


 

Previous Page Button
Table of Contents Button
Index to Names Button
Next Page Button

© 2001 for the NEGenWeb Project by Mary Alice Vampola, Ted & Carole Miller