| Back to Cemetery Index | |Papillion Cemetery
This is a family cemetery located in the Southeast Quarter of Sec 31, Twp 13, Range 11; on the north
side of Buffalo Rd. at the equivalent of 202nd St (202nd St. doesn't exist).
It is quite small and could be overlooked, but it is located right on Buffalo Rd. Those buried
there are all Leflers or have some family connection. The first burial was in 1867 and the last was in 1926.
Although there have been no burials for several decades, the cemetery is kept up.
There is no separate deed specifically for the cemetery, but in a deed dated 14 Mar 1891 from Mary and North Lefler to Henry c. Lefler
for the quarter section of land (160 acres) "except Forty square Rods in the South East corner of the above
described land. Same being reserved for Cemetery". The deed was filed on 6 Apr 1891 and recorded in Book "X", Page 366.
The markers were read in north-south rows beginning at the west end of the cemetery and going to the east end.
Gary Iske, Sarpy County Genealogical Society, 1995.
Back to Sarpy County