- ARMOUR, HELMUTH, SCHNEIDER posted by Judy Morrison
on Wednesday, May 5, 1999
- SCHNEIDER, ERNST (ERNEST) Searching for descendants of Ernest Schneider b. 1844 in
Germany m. 1. Johanna Kape (Kaeb) in 1866 children: Ernest, Lillie, Barbara, George, John,
Lawrence, Maggie, Susie & Fannie. 2nd wife - Sarah Armour--children: Robbie, Jimmie,
Martha, Lena, Theresa, William. Will share lots of family history.
- SCHNEIDER posted by Gail Knights
on Sunday, May 9, 1999
- Looking for information on Ernest Schneider who died in 1901 or a little after.He was
married to Sarah Armour of Custer county where they had 7 children.He maybe buried in
Gordon or Rushville.He was also a Civil War veteran.He also had 9 children with his first
wife,who died in Red Fern Table 1884,near Oconto.
- posted by Lydia (Strubbe) Gardner on Tuesday, May 11, 1999
- I am looking for any information on any STRUBBE that settled in Nebraska. Most
settled in Indiana after coming from Germany...except for Henry Strubbe Sr., who
left Indiana around 1874 and headed for Nebraska. Henry Strubbe was married to
Sarah COLTMEYER(OR KAULTMEYER) and they had Laney, Louis, Elizabeth, Frank, Amelia,
and Ida. Louis Strubbe was the youngest, born in the fall of 1872 in Indiana, but
his obituary was seen years ago by a relative in a Nebraska paper. Last year, a letter
from a Strubbe from California arrived and was inquiring about family history. Her
mother was adopted by a Louis and Ollie Strubbe along with other children (Frances,
Jack O., and Edna Marie)....she went on to state that her mother married her adopted
cousin Floyd William Strubbe, son of Harold and Anna Strubbe.
Interesting....so I am trying to find anything on any Strubbe in Nebraska. Would
appreciate any info ! Lydia (Strubbe) Gardner PO Box 692
- ECKERT, FICKEL, KRING, SLEASTER, TOMPKINS, WILSON posted by Don and Mary Saban on Tuesday, May 11, 1999
- Joshua WILSON and his wife Adaline ECKERT moved to Gordon, Sheridan County, NE in the
1880's. They had three children - Clarence Delbert WILSON who married Edith SLEASTER, John
Henry WILSON who married Mabel Ella TOMPKINS and Jenniebelle TENNANT (foster daughter) who
married Orlen KRING. All had moved out of Sheridan County by 1920. Also related to FICKEL
(also spelled FICKLE) family on the WILSON side.
- GIBBS, WOOD posted by Jerry Wood 27 29 Omisol Road Woodbr on Wednesday, May 26, 1999
- Please add the Surname WOOD to the List. Residents southwest of Hay Springs from Late
1890 thru late 1930s. Related to GIBBS Reuben and Robert twin sons married twin GIBBS
sisters and eventually moved to Chadron. Thank You
- FOWLER, NYE, SCHNEIDER posted by Gail Knights
on Saturday, May 29, 1999
- Looking for information about a company in Rushville between 1900 and 1920. It was
NYE,SCHNEIDER,AND FOWLER.May have been contracter for putting up buildings.Know they did
some work on the Pine Ridge Day Schools in South Dakota.Looking for owners of this
- ALLEN, HEMSTREET posted by
Nancy (Troxel) Schatz on Thursday, June 3, 1999
- ALLEN, Hermon Peck. Moved from Fond Du Lac, WI to Gordon, NE by ox cart in 1885 with his
wife Helen (HEMSTREET) ALLEN. Hermon died 27 May 1906, however, there is no death
certificate on file in Lincoln. Would Sheridan Co. have death certificates that Lincoln
does not, or would anyone have access to his obituary in a copy of the local newspaper at
that time? I am searching for the names of his parents and his place of birth. Any help
will be appreciated. Nancy Troxel Schatz Auburn, CA
- BUSICK, DIXON, PALMER, SECHLER posted by Carla Porath on Saturday, June 5, 1999
- new email: email@example.com.
- Looking for information on my husband's fathers family. His fathers name was James
Harold Palmer (DOB 2/10/1923, Married Nettie Jean Busick 9/17/1946, Died 8/18/1968) who
lived in Gordon. His parents were Tug Guy Palmer and Josephine Eleanor Dixon Palmer.
Eleanor was the daughter of John Holmes Dixon and Elizabeth Sechler. We understand John H.
Dixon was a renowned rancher in the Sheridan County area.
- SIMPSON, WAY posted by Barb Seyler on Sunday, June 6, 1999
- Ashland Mott WAY, son of Zelotes and Lorilla SIMPSON, was born 15 November 1849 at
Greene Twp., Erie Co., PA. He moved at some point to Sheridan Co., NE where he became a
photographer. I would like to find more about him and his family, if he had one, in
- IRELAND, MILLER, WILSON posted by Don and Mary Saban
on Sunday, June 6, 1999
- We have a picture of the Joshua WILSON family taken around 1901 in Gordon, Nebraska. In
that picture are two people - Roy IRELAND and Emma MILLER. Both appear to be in early
20's. They are not family that we know of. Would like to know more about them, and will
share copies of the picture with their families.
- BOLAND, HAYES, HILL posted by Craig A. Davis on
Wednesday, June 9, 1999
- Alexander Joseph Hill, Jr. died in Sheridan County, possibly in Ellsworth, on 19 March
1939. He was buried next to his wife, Mary Ellen (Hayes) Hill in Ellsworth. I am trying to
find the parents of both. Alexander J. Hill, sr. and his wife Margaret. And Nelson Hayes
and his wife Bridget (Boland) Hayes.
- SEVERNS posted by N. J. Severns
on Tuesday, June 22, 1999
- I am looking for information regarding Cecil L. SEVERNS, who lived in Rushville, NE in
the early to mid 1900's and ran a dry cleaning business there.
This page was last updated
Tuesday, 10-Mar-2009 20:10:44 MDT