Whiteclay: Peak population (1940), 112. Post office established December 22, 1904. Named for nearby Whiteclay Creek. The creek had been named for its clay-like color. The first post office was located one and one-half miles from present site.
Ref: Perkey's Nebraska Place Names, Elton A. Perkey. Published by J. & L. Lee Co., 1995, Revised Edition.
Latitude: 42.59.48, Longitude: -102.33.16
E-W streets: 3 streets; N-S streets: NE 87, 3 others
Photo from Brian Garner
Photo of the White Clay, NE. post office. Brian Garner's grandmother had this postcard photo of White Clay, NE post office in a box which was passed on to his mother, who sent it to Brian. The post office established 1904 and thought there is no postmark or date on the card, it dates in the 1910s. The photographer's name in the lower right-hand corner is Whipman. Mr. & Mrs Ten Fingers and a group of citizens, including the post master and a nice team of horses. submitted by Brian Garner
Copyright © 2004 Sheridan Co. NEGenWeb