|Thomas County, Nebraska
Because not all reference materials can be available to everyone, volunteers who have access to these materials can provide a valuable service by reviewing or searching them for information about persons/families being researched by others.
Please follow these guidelines when requesting a lookup:
- Put "THOMAS COUNTY LOOKUP" as the subject of your message. This will help ensure that your request is not accidently overlooked.
- Limit your request to 1 or 2 specific names -- a request such as "anything you have about the SMITH family" will be ignored or rejected.
- Provide as much appropriate information as you know -- names, dates, places, relationships.
- Due to the copyright laws, lookup volunteers cannot provide copies or extensive information extracts from books unless permission has been obtained from the copyright holder or the copyright has expired. They can confirm that the publication appears to contain information pertinent to your request, and may be able to refer you to a place to review or acquire the reference work.
- Be patient, these people are volunteers and may not always be able to respond to your request immediately. And, please, don't forget to thank the volunteer for their time and effort.
I am always in need of more Lookup Volunteers. If you own or have access to materials which would be of interest to the genealogical researcher, and would be able to provide this valuable service please contact me.
©1998-20010, Allan L. Childers for NEGenWeb-- Last Update: Tuesday, 09-Mar-2004 10:27:41 MST