Nebraska State Gazetteer, Business Directory and Farmers List for 1890-91
J. M. Wolfe & Co., Publishers, 509-510 Paxton Block 1890 (Omaha, NE)
Entered according to act of Congress in the year of 1890, by J. M. Wolfe & Co.
Return to Index Page
Lushton has a population of 175. It is located in the southwestern part of York county, 17 miles from York, the county seat, on the Alma branch of U. P. Ry. The State Bank of Lushton is the financial institution of the place. There are also a hotel, several stores, etc.
- Bussard Wm, shoemaker.
- Clawson T B, cashier State Bank and notary.
- Cookus Wm, blacksmith, wagonmakr
- Dailey & Farber, genl mdse.
- Dailey S F Mrs millinery.
- Eisenbeiss A, phys.
- Hall W A, sta, tel, ex agt.
- Hursh Henry, billiards.
- McNutt George, carpenter.
- Pursel P H, hardware.
- Schwab P H, grain.
- Search W B, prop Walters Hotel, livery.
- State Bank of Lushton, capital $12,500, G W Clawson pres, P B Clawson cashier.
- Stockton S, postmaster, drugs.
- Thompson M B, lumber, coal.
- Vanderveer W R, grain, coal.
- Walters C D, agl implts, meat market.
- Walters E P, live stock.
- Walters House, W B Search prop.
- Walters & Watt, confectionery.
You may link to these records, but do not frame, copy, or reproduce them without written permission.
Copyright © 1997-2003, York County Historical Association, or the compiler. All rights reserved.