Nebraska State Gazetteer, Business Directory and Farmers List for 1890-91
J. M. Wolfe & Co., Publishers, 509-510 Paxton Block 1890 (Omaha, NE)
Entered according to act of Congress in the year of 1890, by J. M. Wolfe & Co.
Return to Index Page
McCool is a town with about 250 inhabitants, situated in the southwestern part of York county, at the junction of the Alma branch of the U. P. Ry., and the branch from Stromsburg to Fairbury, and eight miles south of York, the judicial seat of the county. The Blue River Bank, located here, has a capital of $25,000. The local newspaper is the McCool Record.
- Albin J F, editor McCool Record.
- Andrews J, livery.
- Blue River Bank, capital $25,000, G W Post pres,A B Christian cashier.
- Brahmsteadt Henry, saloon.
- Chessman G P, grain and coal.
- Christian A B, cashier Blue River Bank, notary public.
- Commercial Hotel, W B Seeley prop.
- Corey A G, agl implts.
- Ford A D. sta, tel and ex agt.
- Fravel C W, blacksmith.
- Grier & Lincoln, hardware.
- Henahan Thomas, genl mdse.
- Ingalls G F, postmaster, confectionery.
- Knights F H, genl mdse.
- McCool Record, J F Albin editor.
- Miller & Blackmore, meat market.
- Morris F S, phys.
- Nahrgang John, harness, saddles.
- Stanley J A, lumber.
- Stanton J H, confectionery.
- Sedgwick & Bagnell, drugs.
- Seeley W B, prop Commercial Hotel.
- Shipley W W, confectionery.
- Stephens A P, clothing.
- Stephens J F, dry goods.
- Smith T W, vice-pres Blue River Bank and auctioneer.
- Tolles Henry, blacksmith.
- Vanderveer W R, grain and coal.
- Williams Y W, confectionery.
You may link to these records, but do not frame, copy, or reproduce them without written permission.
Copyright © 1997-2003, York County Historical Association, or the compiler. All rights reserved.