Nebraska State Gazetteer, Business Directory and Farmers List for 1890-91
J. M. Wolfe & Co., Publishers, 509-510 Paxton Block 1890 (Omaha, NE)
Entered according to act of Congress in the year of 1890, by J. M. Wolfe & Co.
Return to Index Page
Waco, a town on the B. & M. R. R., in the eastern part of York county, is seven miles east of York, the county seat. through this section sufficient fruit of an excellent quality is grown to supply the home demand. This, with the 100 cars of stock and other farm products that were forwarded to market, has brought in a sufficient volume of currency to make the many improvements it has wrought, a noticeable feature of the country. The hotel accommodations are good, and the religious societies are provided with good buildings in which services are held. large elevators along the railroad track, speak louder than words of the volume of traffic in this little town of only 400 inhabitants.
- Bishop David H, atty, justice.
- Chessman G P, J Jones agt, coal, grain.
- Commercial Hotel, W S Fisher prop.
- Downing Albert R, phys.
- Downing Joseph H, phys.
- Evans Ezekiel Rev, pastor Christian Church.
- Evans J, postmaster, confectionery.
- Farmers & Traders Bank, capital and surplus $30,000, Geo W Post pres, W L White, cashier.
- Fisher W S, prop Commercial Hotel.
- Fox Paul prop Metropolitan Hotel.
- Gairdner T M, phys.
- Gilbert & Maddill, genl mdse, meat market.
- Hansen L P. real estate, ins.
- Imbody Lewis, blacksmith.
- Jones Joshua, agt G P Chessman.
- Kibble Bros, barbers, confectionery.
- King M A & Co, grain elevator, coal.
- Lyle John T, drugs.
- McMurray John, shoemaker.
- Martin (S K) Lumber Co, Robert Beckord agt, lumber, coal.
- Metropolitan Hotel, Paul Fox prop.
- Miller J E, sta agt B & M R R.
- Moore H G, nursery.
- Pittman Thos, livery.
- Pruyn L P, agt, drugs.
- Rogers, A H, genl mdse, meat market, justice.
- Sayre Jennie Miss, Millinery.
- Scott, Suffel & Co, lessees, T C Tagg owner, grain elevator, coal.
- Strickler Samuel, livery.
- Strickler T J Rev, pastor M P church.
- Tagg Thomas C, hardware, farm machinery, coal, grain elevator.
- Tinker Chas W, hardware, harness.
- Wheeler Chas F, billiards.
- White Frank, blacksmith.
- Wilken Henry, genl mdse.
- Witters J L, restaurant, groceries.
You may link to these records, but do not frame, copy, or reproduce them without written permission.
Copyright © 1997-2003, York County Historical Association, or the compiler. All rights reserved.