[Turn south on Potato Road from U.S. Route 4, next to Enfield Granite. After 0.9 miles, turn left on South Road. At the hill crest, 0.8 miles from Potato Road, a stone with a plaque marks a dirt road that turns off to the left. Cobble Cemetery is at the end of this road, 0.2 mi from South Road. The road may not be passable during some seasons.]
A plaque marks the way to the cemetery
In 1776, Capt. Samuel Jones, Thomas Miner and Cleb Welch were appointed to look out for a burying-place. They selected and laid out the grounds known as The Cobble.