MUSEUM EXHIBITS: Our permanent exhibits and
displays are created from Merrimack New Hampshire artifacts and
documents in our collection. These are available for viewing during
our regular visiting hours. See our Photographs
page for samples of exhibits currently at the historical society.
Some of our current exhibits include:
- school room desks and chairs, maps, photographs, paintings,
curio cabinets with collections on baseball, and about Matthew
Thornton, Walter Kittredge, and other Merrimack notables.
- and much, much, more!
ARTIFACTS: Our collection includes furniture,
paintings, articles of clothing, pottery, household goods, farm
equipment, jewelry, and other memorabilia from Merrimack's past.
We have thousands of documents in our collection that are constantly
being assessed, sorted, catalogued, and archived. Some of this
information is available in the Virtual
Library or in the RECORDS or
HISTORY sections of this web site.
Documents available at the society include:
- Manuscripts dating back to 1769 and earlier relating to Merrimack
history (samples include land transactions, church pew sales,
justice of the peace appointments)
- Folders on a variety of subjects and events, compiled over the
- scrapbooks with news clippings, many between 1930s-1960s.
- albums of photographs, loose photographs (including tin-types)
- listings of Merrimack NH residents who were veterans of various
- McGaw Institute graduates and other Merrimack school graduates,
lists and photographs, lists of teachers of Merrimack schools
by year and schoolhouse.
- extensive information on taverns, restaurants and hotels from
the early days of Merrimack to today
- and much more!
- Family Genealogy
folders that include both compilations of families who lived in
Merrimack and surrounding areas, but also sometimes including
family photographs, manuscripts, and correspondence from related
history and genealogical book collection that includes several
town/local history books, including those of Merrimack
- Town Reports (1844 to present) which include births, deaths
and marriages occurring in Merrimack.