Officers of Loantaka-Parsippanong Chapter 2013--2016:
Regent: Mrs. Paul Palmer
First Vice Regent: Mrs. William Westerfield
Treasurer: Mrs.Eileen White
Recording Secretary: Ms.Virginia Walton
Corresponding Secretary: Mrs. Elizabeth Eden
Registrar: Mrs. Stephanie Reidinger
Historian: Mrs. Douglas Anderson
Chaplain: Mrs. Sharon LaScola
Librarian: Mrs. Susan Kehr
The Loantaka-Parsippanong Chapter is the result
of the merger of two DAR chapters, namely the
Parsippanong and the Loantaka, in 1992
The Parsippanong Chapter was organized in the
Parsippany-Troy Hills area on October 4, 1912,
with Ruth E. Tichenor Fairchild (Mrs. Vandyke),
The Loantaka Chapter, which covered the areas
of Chatham, Florham Park and Madison, New Jersey,
was organized in 1927, with Jane Wilson Graham
Ridley (Mrs. Joseph) as Organizing Regent. The
Chapter was named for the original native Americans
who lived in the vicinity, and also for the name
of General George Washington's Camp at Madison
during the revolutionary War.
the abundant waters in the area, both names are
native American names, one meaning "creek'
and the other, "place of two rivers."
achievements of the Loantaka Chapter include their support of efforts to make
Jockey Hollow a national memorial park, and participation in the celebration of
the National Parks bicentennial in 1972. The Parsippanong Chapter sponsored Memorial
Services at the Parsippany Presbyterian Church Cemetery where there are 84
War graves. Learn more about our current programs.