NOTE: MCGS is unable to fulfill research requests.
- To promote the study of genealogy and history, geography, and social customs of our ancestors;
- To collect, preserve and disseminate this information, especially to that of local origin;
- To encourage adherence to the highest standards of research and documentation;
- To offer educational programs such as lectures, seminars, workshops, and
special interest groups.
- To promote the observance of Family History Month in October both locally and nationally.
Our society has
a long and interesting history. Please read
Monmouth County Genealogy
Society: The First Twenty Years(1998-2008) which was written by Carol Fisher Megill
for our 20th Anniversary Party in July 2008.
Meetings and Seminars: We meet six times per year [January, March, May, July,
September, and November]. Please visit our Events
page for full details of our meetings.
Memoir Writing Group: Our Memoir Writing
group helps attendees record their personal histories. This group is only open to members of the society.
Interest Groups We now have 4 special interest groups which meet
monthly: German, Monmouth Roots, African-American and Irish. Please visit
our What's New page for
History Month One of the ways that MCGS celebrates Family History Month is
by annually having a contest among middle school children in order to encourage
interest in Family History. Please visit our Family
History Month page for
Speaker's Bureau: Do you need a speaker to lecture
on genealogical topics? Visit our Speakers Bureau to learn more.
First Families of Old Monmouth County:
We have started our own First Families Project. To read the application requirements, please visit the
First Families of Old Monmouth County, NJ webpage.
President: Mark White
Vice-President & Program Chair: Nancy Ronning
Secretary: Gail Hahn
Treasurer: Barbara Griffin