NOTE: MCGS is unable to fulfill research requests.
- To promote the study of genealogy and history, geography, and social customs of our ancestors;
- To collect, preserve and disseminate this information, especially to that of local origin;
- To encourage adherence to the highest standards of research and documentation;
- To offer educational programs such as lectures, seminars, workshops, and
special interest groups.
- To promote the observance of Family History Month in October both locally and nationally.
Our society has
a long and interesting history. Please read
Monmouth County Genealogy
Society: The First Twenty Years(1998-2008) which was written by Carol Fisher Megill
for our 20th Anniversary Party in July 2008.
Meetings and Seminars: We meet six times per year [January, March, May, July,
September, and November]. Please visit our Events
page for full details of our meetings.
Memoir Writing Group: Our Memoir Writing
group helps attendees record their personal histories. This group is only open to members of the society.
Interest Groups Our German SIG meets monthly. Please visit our Events page for
History Month One of the ways that MCGS celebrates Family History Month is
by annually having a contest among middle school children in order to encourage
interest in Family History. Please visit our Family
History Month page for
Speaker's Bureau: Do you need a speaker to lecture
on genealogical topics? Visit our Speakers Bureau to learn more.
First Families of Old Monmouth County:
We have started our own First Families Project. To read the application requirements, please visit the
First Families of Old Monmouth County, NJ webpage.
President: Linda Wilson
Vice-President & Program Chair: Nancy Ronning
Secretary: Gail Hahn
Treasurer: Susan O'Brien