Monmouth County Reference Books
Books available online about Monmouth County and it's people are
searchable through Google Books:
Birth Book of Monmouth County, New Jersey; 1804-1848.
Freehold: Office of the Monmouth County Clerk, 1989. [Hard cover]
- Ellis, Franklin. History of Monmouth
County, New Jersey. Philadelphia: R.T. Peck & Co.,
- Hodges, Graham R. Slavery and Freedom
in the Rural North: African-Americans in Monmouth County, New Jersey,
1665-1865. Landham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield
- Hornor, William Stockton. This Old
Monmouth of Ours: History, Tradition, Biography, Genealogy, Anecdotes
Related to Monmouth County, New Jersey. Freehold, New
Jersey: Moreau Brothers, 1932. [464 Pages]
- Martin, George C. Book of the Dead of
Monmouth. Asbury Park, New Jersey: Martin &
Allardyce, 1916. (reprinted by Asbury Park Library, 1980.)
- Martine, A.I. Reformed Church of the
Navesink and its two
branches, the First Reformed Church of Freehold now known as the Brick
Church of Marlboro, N.J. and the Reformed Church of Holmdel formerly
known as the White Meeting House, Tuesday October 24, 1899.
New York: P.F. Collier & Son, 1899.
- Megill, Carol Fisher. Bible Records
from New Jersey's Monmouth County Historical Association, Volume 1,
Freehold: MCHA's Monmouth County Genealogy Club, 1990.
- Moss, George H. and Ellen T. Morris. Manumission
Book of Monmouth County, New Jersey, 1791-1844. Freehold,
New Jersey: Office of the Monmouth County Clerk, 1992.
- Perrine, William D. History of
Perrineville and the Presbyterian Church, 1786-1935.
Princeton Junction, New Jersey: s.n., 1935.
- Pine, Alan S. and et. al. Peddler to
Suburbanite: The History of the Jews of Monmouth County, New Jersey:
from the Colonial period to 1980. Deal Park, New Jersey:
Monmouth Jewish Community Council, 1981.
- Raser, Edward J. New Jersey Graveyard
& Gravestone Inscriptions Locators: Monmouth County.
New Jersey: Genealogical Society of New Jersey, 2002. [Hard
- Smith, Henry Goodwin. The History of
the Old Scots Church of Freehold. New Jersey: Transcript
Printing House, 1895. [52 pp.]
- Watson, Judith Green. Monmouth County
Articles in The Genealogical Magazine of New Jersey,
1925-2000, Summary & Descriptions. Lincroft:
Monmouth County Genealogy Society, 2001. [Spiral bound; 41 pp.]