The following information was submitted by Pat Smith [rmspas @ epix.net].
JOHNSON FAMILY BIBLE
John Henry Johnson & Maria Allen DeCamp entered the original records.
- Mahlon Johnson was married to Sarah Baker November 18, 1797 at Littleton, NJ.
- Chilion Johnson [son of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Angelina Woodruff June 10, 1821 at Westfield, NJ
- Alfred Johnson [son of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Sarah Baker [dau. of Jonathan Baker] at Whippany January 14, 1828.
- Jacob Johnson, Sr. [son of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Hetty B. Vail [dau of Davis Vail] at Newark NJ - April 6, 1831.
- Baker Johnson [son of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Electa J. King [dau of Rev. Barnabas King] at Rockaway Morris Co., NJ May 4, 1832.
- Catharine Wheeler Johnson [dau of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Aaron C. Johnson of Newark, NJ April 16, 1834 at Littleton, NJ.
- Thomas Vail Johnson [son of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Sarah Frances Cory [dau of Nathan Cory] at Newark, NJ March 25, 1835.
- Sarah Vail Johnson [dau of Mahlon & Sarah] was married at Littleton NJ to Joel Davis January 2, 1838.
- Mahlon Johnson, aforesaid, was married to Mary Ludlow [widow of Ezekiel Ludlow] late of Westfield, NJ October 16, 1838 in New York City, second wife.
- James H. Johnson [son of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Hannah Jellison May 21, 1840 at Deerfield, Indiana.
- Mary Johnson [dau of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Silas B. Condict June 16, 1840 at Littleton, NJ.
- Davis V. Johnson [son of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Caroline F. Mayo October 16, 1844 at Newark, NJ.
- John Henry Johnson [son of Mahlon & Sarah] was married to Maria Allen DeCamp March 16, 1847 at Newark NJ in the two story farm dwelling owned and occupied by her father Chilion Ford DeCamp; situated on the NE corner of Oak Alley & Columbia St. by Rev. William Bradley.
- Arthur Johnson [son of John Henry & Maria] was married to Florence Adele Search, January 2, 1884 at Shickshinny, Luzerne Co., PA by Rev. James Chambers of NY. She was dau. of George W. Search.
- Maria Lucy Johnson [dau of John Henry & Maria] was married to William Horace Leonard February 28, 1888 at Littleton NJ by Rev. Arthur Johnson of Hackensack NJ.
- William DeCamp Johnson [son of John Henry & Maria] was married to Abbie Amelia Pierson [dau of Lewis Pierson Jr. & Mary G. Pierson] August 6, 1889 at Morristown NJ by Rev. Arthur Johnson of Hackensack NJ assisted by Rev. Albert Erdeman D.S. of Morristown NJ.
- William Arthur Leonard [son of Wm. H. & Maria Lucy] and Elsie Jean Miller [dau of Charles E. & Charlotte] were married at Hackensack NJ December 18, 1913 by Rev. Arthur Johnson.
- Horace Mahlon Leonard [son of Wm. H. & Maria Lucy] was married to Ruth Weinhauer April 18, 1923 at Clyde, California.
- Mary DeCamp Leonard [dau of Wm. H. & Maria Lucy] was married to Richard Wesley Smith October 12, 1926 at Morris Plains NJ by Rev. Arthur Johnson.
- Henry J. Leonard [son of Wm. H. & Maria Lucy] was married to Lovdie Leonard - married at Arcadia Florida July 13, 1934.
- Chilion Ford DeCamp was married to Lucy Allen at Denville NJ April 5, 1815 by Rev. Barnabas King.
- The same [Chilion Ford DeCamp] to widow Electa M. Beardsley [dau of Dan Hurd] at Sparta Sussex Co., NJ December 9, 1841 by Rev. William Lowry.
- The same [Chilion Ford DeCamp] to Lydia Brown [dau of Peter P. Brown] at Bethlehem PA December 13, 1849.
Mahlon Johnson was born November 5, 1775
Sarah Baker his wife was born May 8, 1778
[Children of Mahlon Johnson & Sarah Baker]
- Jacob Johnson was born Monday, December 3, 1798
- Chilion Johnson was born Thursday July 24, 1800
- Noah Johnson was born Wednesday February 12, 1802
- Baker Johnson was born Sunday October 23, 1803
- Alfred Johnson was born Friday April 5, 1805
- Susanna Johnson was born Monday August 26, 1806
- Elizabeth Ann Johnson was born Tuesday February 16, 1808
- Thomas Vail Johnson was born Sunday October 8, 1809
- Sarah Vail Johnson was born Sunday March 10, 1811
- Catharine Wheeler Johnson was born Sunday July 5, 1812
- Mary Johnson was born Tuesday August 2, 1814
- James Harvey Johnson was born Friday March 14, 1816
- Davis Vail Johnson was born Saturday November 1, 1817
- John Henry Johnson was born Saturday October 28, 1820
- Mahlon Johnson Jnr. was born September 19, 1823; died at 4 wks of age.
These were probably entered in the Bible by Maria Allen DeCamp, wife of John Henry Johnson.
BIRTHS - contíd part 2
Chilion Ford DíCamp was born July 9, 1793
Lucy Allen [wife of C.F. DíCamp] was born November 12, 1794
[Children of Chilion Ford DíCamp & Lucy Allen]
1. Eliza Ann DíCamp was born May 5, 1816
2. Edward DíCamp was born August 24, 1817
3. James Tuttle DíCamp was born September 9, 1819
4. William DíCamp was born May 22, 1821 at Longwood
5. Maria Allen DíCamp was born at Longwood February 10, 1823
6. Chilion Ford DíCamp, Jr. was born at Longwood [no month listed] 29, 1825
7. Charles Huff DíCamp was born at Longwood April 17, 1828
8. Joseph DíCamp was born August 11, 1830
9. Lucy DíCamp was born August 15, 1831
10. Cornelia L. DíCamp was born December 22, 1835
[Children of Chilion F. DíCamp & Electa M. Hurd ]
11. Whitfield Hurd DíCamp was born January 7, 1842
12. Nancy Electa DíCamp was born September 27, 1844
[Children of Chilion F. DeCamp & Lydia Brown]
13. Ella Ford DíCamp was born October 25, 1850
14. Laura Francis DíCamp was born December 15, 1852
15. Walter Brown DíCamp was born December 22, 1854
16. Adelaide Elizabeth DíCamp was born August 5, 1856
Here ends the record of births of Maria Allen DíCampís family or more properly of Chilion Ford DíCampís family.