This page will list the various restorations of cemeteries in Morris County.
The Whippany Cemetery
On Dec. 20th, 2002 Jerry Barca of the staff of the newspaper, The Star-Ledger, published an article, in the Star Ledger, concerning the restoration of the Old Whippany Burying Yard which is located on Route 10 in Whippany.
The article made note that the Township of Whippany was set to pass an ordinance for the restoration of brownstone grave markers in the cemetery. This ordinance will restore seven (7) of the oldest tombstones in the cemetery.
In 1718 John Richards gave the town the approx. 3 acres for the cemetery. He also became the first person to be buried in it, just three months after donating the land.
Names that were mentioned in the article were:
The full article was published in The Star Ledger newspaper on December 20, 2002.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.