Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
TIMOTHY BEDFORD, whose wife was Rachel _____, had children: (2d Generation.)
1. Hannah, who married Ezekiel Stillwell; --lived in Sussex.
2. Sarah, married William Willis.
3. Stephen married Lydia Drake, daughter of William Drake, of Piscataway.
STEPHEN BEDFORD, son of Timothy, and Lydia Drake, had children: (3d Generation.)
1. Timothy, who married Catherine McCarty, daughter of Jacob, of Chatham.
2. Andrew, who died young.
3. William Drake, married, 1st, Asenath Swain, daughter of Richard, near Hobart's Hill; 2. Hannah, widow of Mahlon Simson, and daughter of Mr. Le Hommedeau, of Warren county.
4. Charlotte, married Benjamin Lyon, of South Orange.
5. Rachel and Lydia, twins, who died in infancy.
6. Aaron, married Ruth Whitehead, of Short Hills.
7. Polly, married John Tyson, an Englishman; lived in Chatham.
WILLIAM D. BEDFORD, (son of Stephen,) and Asenath Swain, had children: (4th Generation.)
1. Betsey, who married William Effner, of Hacketstown.
2. Lydia married Isaac Hadden, of South Orange.
3. Charles Nelson married Sarah Johnson, of Stanhope.
4. Stephen Oliver.
5. Mary married John Drew, of Short Hills, in Springfield Township.
6. Harriet married Squier Day, son of Zacheus, 17th Dec. 1745.
7. William Jackson.
8. Emeline, (twin to Abby, who died.)
By his 2d wife, Hannah, whom he married, 23d August, 1842, had children:
11. Frank Day;
13. Lydia Anne.
His wife, Asenath, died 1st June, 1840, aged 49 years.
1. Phebe, who married Benjamin Parker, son of Calvin. [See Parker.]
2. Elizabeth married Joseph Chamberlain.
and by his 2d wife, Joanna Jennings, he had,
7. Mary Catherine.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.