Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
JOHANNES VANCAMPEN, (in English called John Camp,) owned 300 or 400 acres of land, lots No. 50, 51, 52, of the Elizabethtown lots, adjoining Passaic River, west of Littell's lot, where he lives. He lived on lot No. 55, south of Mulford's bridge, by the brook. He probably exchanged lot No. 50 with John Blanchard, for lot No. 55. He lived on No. 55, and Blanchard subsequently sold 40 acres of No. 50 to Thomas Baker, in 1738. About half his 300 acres were sold (100 acres of which was subsequently owned by Richard Scudder, now owned by John Littell.) The remainder was inherited by his son, Aaron Camp, who lived where his father did. Aaron Camp died 8th December, 1788, and his farm was divided among his children. Aaron Camp married, 1st, _____ , 2d, Hannah Clark, daughter of Daniel. (3d Generation.)
Aaron Camp, by his 1st wife, had children:
1. Mary, who married David Allen, son of Joseph Allen, Jun., of Washington Valley. [See Allen.]
2. Aaron, Jun., married, 22d April, 1771, Ketura Clark, daughter of Daniel, and sister of his father's 2d wife, and lived in Caldwell, near the Little Falls.
3. Moses married, 1787, Martha Rutan, daughter of Abraham, of Longhill, and removed to Pennsylvania.
4. Job married, 7th January, 1790, Mary Tucker, daughter of John, of Stonyhill, and went to western Pennsylvania, and from thence to Ohio.
5. John married, 8th November, 1789, Rachel Sayre; and by his 2d wife, Hannah Clark, Aaron Camp had other children:
Aaron Camp died, and his widow married Deacon William Connet.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.