Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
TIMOTHY GRIFFIN married Catherine Sayre, daughter of Isaac Sayre, of Springfield Township, and had children: (2d Generation.)
1. Jane, who married, 1st, Francis Brown; 2d, Robert Sweetman
2. Thomas married Triphena Foster.
3. Patty married John Wheeler Foster, of Westfield.
4. Isaac married Betsey Musty, of Shrewsbury, Monmouth county.
5. Frazee died unmarried.
6. Betsey married Charles Graves.
7. Rachel married John Gray.
8. Prudence married, 1st, Charles Delaney; 2d, William R. Vigers, a Frenchman.
9. Mary married Peter Maverick, engraver, of New York.
10. Ephraim married Effa Simpson, daughter of John Simpson.
11. Timothy died unmarried.
12. William died in infancy.
13. William S. married in New York, and died leaving one child.
PATTY GRIFFIN, (daughter of Timothy,) and John W. Foster, had children: (3d Gen.)
1. John Foster, who married Betsey Miller, lives in Westfield.
2. Miriam Foster married Matthias Hand, son of Nehemiah. [See Hand.]
3. Maria Foster married John M. Clark, son of John, of Westfield; had no children.
4. Charles Foster married Sarah Cole, daughter of Joseph.
5. Eliza Foster married Mr. Murphy, of Connecticut, and lived there.
6. Martha Foster married Kinney McManners, son of Moses, of Westfield.
Patty, wife of John W. Foster, died, and he married Rhoda Price, daughter of Rice Price, and had children:
7. Susannah Foster, who married Martin Hulbert, son of Joshua, of Mendham.
8. Lavisa Foster married David Dunham, son of Amos, of Liberty Corner.
9. Marcus Foster, who died at ten months.
ISAAC GRIFFIN, (son of Timothy,) and Betsey Musty, had children:
1. William M., who married, 15th February, 1816, Betsey Cory, daughter of George Cory.
2. Catherine married, 28th December, 1822, Isaac Marsh, of Westfield, and had a son, William G. Marsh, who married, 23d September, 1849, Elizabeth Badgley, daughter of David, son of Anthony Badgley. Catherine Marsh died 8th November, 1850.
4. Isaac married _____ _____ in New York, and lives there.
EPHRAIM GRIFFIN, (son of Timothy,) and Effa Simpson, had children:
1. Frazee, who married _____ _____ .
3. Matilda married James Parmer, in New York.
4. Mary married Edward Childs, in New York.
5. Susannah married Mr. Sanford, in New York.
7. Israel, who died in 1848, a young man, unmarried.
WILLIAM M. GRIFFIN, (son of Isaac, son of Timothy,) and Betsey Cory, had children: (4th Generation.)
1. Mary Anne, who married Philemon Dickerson, son of Caleb [See Dickerson.]
3. Catherine married Jonathan Hanford, son of Simeon.
6. Lewis R.
7. Amanda L.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2013
Copyright ©1999-2013 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.