Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
WILLIAM HILL came from Monmouth county, and settled at Mount Bethel, Somerset county, married Anna Layton, and had children:
1. Thomas, who married Susan Taynor.
2. William married Sarah Gunyer, and died soon after.
3. Lydia married John Bird, son of _____ _____ , of Mount Bethel.
4. John married Nancy Tilyou, born 25th December, 1780, daughter of John Tilyou, and grand-daughter of John Tucker, of Stony Hill. [See Tilyou. See Tucker.]
THOMAS HILL, and Susan Taynor, had children:
1. William, who married Anna Mundy.
LYDIA HILL, (daughter of William,) and John Bird, had children:
1. William Bird.
2. Hervy Bird, who married Jane Moore, daughter of Henry.
3. David Bird married Janette Ruckman, daughter of Levi.
4. Rebecca Bird married Peter Moore, Esq., son of Henry.
JOHN HILL, (son of William,) and Nancy Tilyou, had but one child, Peter, who married Henrietta Kline. He was born 4th June, 1803. She was born 5th February, 1820. They had children:
1. Peter William, born 11th August, 1842;
2. Nancy, born 7th February, 1844;
3. Harriet, born 5th December, 1845;
4. John, born 31st May, 1847;
5. Mary Elizabeth, born 4th March, 1849.
John Hill died 31st January, 1846.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.