Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
CHARLES HOLE lived close by Blue Brook, between the mountains, and owned a tract of land between Uriah Hedges' and the large tract of John and James Badgley, and had children:
1. Rachel, who married Abraham Osborn, 23d July, 1769.
2. Zachariah married _____ _____ .
3. Daniel married, 31st March, 1785, Mary Bedell, daughter of William Bedell, and went to Ohio. [See William Bedell.]
4. Charles, Jun., married Polly Scudder, and went to the Beech Woods, New York, and had a son, Daniel, and perhaps others.
5. John, (who was a doctor,) married, 1st, Hannah Clark; 2d, Mercy Ludlow, daughter of Jeremy Ludlow, [see Jeremy Ludlow,] and went to Ohio, and by whom he had children:
6. Betsey, who married _____ _____ .
8. William married, 5th July, 1785, Ruth Crane, daughter of Joseph. [See Crane.]
DANIEL HOLE, (son of Charles,) and Polly Scudder, had children:
1. Isaac, who went to the lakes, New York, and was there drowned.
2. Jacob married Phebe Leonard, daughter of David, in the Great Swamp.
3. Caleb married Betsey _____ .
4. Charles married Abby Headley.
5. Polly went to the Beech Woods, and married there.
6. Daniel, Jun., married Polly Martin, daughter of Thomas, son of Alexander, and had children: 1. Sally; 2. Nancy; 3. Thomas; and went to the Beech Woods.
ZACHARIAH HOLE, (son of Charles,) had children:
1. Effa, who married Peter Banta, and had children:
2. Polly Hole married John Auckerman, and had children:
3. Sarah Hole married William B. Wilson, from Kentucky, and had children:
4. James Hole married Miss Black.
5. William Hole.
6. Hannah Hole married Anthony Atkinson.
7. Lucretia Hole married Mr. Brandon.
8. Charles Hole married _____ _____ , and died.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2013
Copyright ©1999-2013 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.