Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
JAMES MARSHALL was son of James Marshall, of Rahway. He married Phebe Marsh, sister of Daniel, Christopher, and Ralph Marsh, of Rahway. He lived in Stony Hill Valley, and had children:
1. Mary, who married Peter Allen, son of Joseph Allen, Jun., of Washington Valley. [See Joseph Allen, Jun.]
2. Nancy married, 10th March, 1790, William Allen, brother of Peter.
3. James married Mary Moore, daughter of Isaac Moore, of Passaic Valley; lived and died at Patterson.
4. Daniel married Polly Frazee, daughter of Jacob, on the first mountain, and went to Ohio.
5. Jane married David Brant, of Morris county. He left her, and went to Ohio, and she lived and died in New York.
6. John, born 1789, married Hannah Willcox, born 1795, daughter of Daniel Willcox. He lived on Stony Hill, and had children:
1. Stephen, who married Amanda Smalley, daughter of Samuel, son of David, and had children: 1. Hutchings; 2. Samuel; 3. Mary Augusta; and then went to Illinois.
2. Deborah, born 1816, married William Brant, son of Matthias, of Union, and had a daughter, Mary Alice, born 30th June, 1842, and then parted by consent.
3. Mary Jane, born 1822.
JAMES MARSHALL, (3d child of James,) and Mary Moore, lived at Patterson, and had children:
2. David, who died unmarried.
3. Sally married William Hadley, and removed west.
5. Rachel married William Walker; lives at Morristown.
6. Betsey, twin to Rachel, married Henry Crane, of Bloomfield.
9. Calvin, who died young.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.