Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
JOHN MOORE lived near Patterson, and had children:
1. Tabitha, who married Jacob Smalley, son of John Smalley, Sen. [See Smalley.] (1st Gen.)
2. Isaac married, 1st, Sally Smalley, daughter of John Smalley, Sen., 2d, Lydia Bedell, daughter of Moses, and grand-daughter of David Littell.
3. John, Jun., married and lived near Patterson, and from thence removed to the Lakes. He had children: 1. Charles; 2. Rachel, who married her cousin, William Moore, son of Benjamin; 3. Anne married David Pier; 4. Sarah; 5. Ruth; 6. Abraham; 7. Harriet.
ISAAC MOORE, (son of John,) and Sally Smalley, lived in Passaic Valley, in Warren Township, Somerset county, and had children: (2d Gen.)
1. David, who married Betsey Boyle, daugher of Solomon, and sister of Col. Solomon.
2. Daniel married, 16th July, 1793, Betsey Rolph, daughter of Jonathan. [See Rolph]
3. Rachel married Garret Vreeland, of Acquackanak.
4. Mary married James Marshall, son of James; lived at Patterson. [See Marshall.]
5. John married Chloe Tucker, daughter of Samuel, and went to Cincinnati, Ohio.
6. Tabitha married John Lyon, son of Ebenezer. [See Lyon.]
7. Sally married [23 Dec 1812, by Rev. Aaron Condit; Hanover Presbyterian Church; GMNJ Vol 36] Samuel Evans, of Hanover, Morris county.
Isaac Moore, by his 2d wife, Lydia Bedell, had children:
8. Isaac married Mary Davis, daughter of John, of Washington Valley, and had children:
9. Moses married Phebe French, daughter of David French, Sen. They both died and left children:
1. Emeline, who died at 3 years;
2. Lydia lives at Brooklyn;
3. Israel, who married Sally Anne Allen, daughter of David;
4. Harriet married Mr. Force, a blacksmith; lives at Madison;
5. David married Catherine Drake, daughter of Mary Drake;
6. Isaac, went to California, in April, 1849.
10. Betsey married, 22d Jan. 1808, Daniel Parker, son of Judah.
11. Samuel married Mary Ludlow, daughter of Joseph, son of Jeremiah.
12. Ruth married, 2d Aug. 1821, Garret Brown, of Acquackanak.
13. Nancy married Robert Anderson, son of James, had children: 1. Lydia; 2. Aaron; 3. Phebe; 4. Eliza; 5. Sarah; 6. Charlotte, and went to Indiana.
14. Rhoda married Reuben Smalley, son of James, [See Smalley,] and went to the Lakes.
15. Phebe, who died a young woman.
16. William I. married Eleanor Falls, lives where his father did, and had children: 1. Delia Anne; 2. Charles Wesley; 3. Lewis Craig.
17. Susan married William Stevens, son of James Stevens, lives on Wolf Hill, near Union Village, and had children: (4th Gen.)
Mrs Susan Stevens died at the birth of her last child, 28th May, 1845.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.