Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
JOHN NOE, was son of Daniel Noe, of Woodbridge. He married Mary Ayres, of Woodbridge, and came up and bought the farm formerly owned by William Darling, at the east end of Sterling Valley, where Isaac Meeker now lives, and lived there till his death. He died 26th April, 1828, aged 71 years. His wife Mary died 31st Oct. 1823, aged 64 years. They had children: (1st Gen.)
1. Ellis, who married, 1st, Esther Osborn, daughter of Smith S. Osborn. She died 15th Oct. 1805, aged 23 years, and he married, 2d, Rachel, the widow of David Cole, of Westfield, and daughter of Noah Williams, of Long Hill. She died 27th Dec. 1827, aged 51 years, and he married, 3d, Jane Crane, of Elizabethtown. He lived in Elizabethtown, and kept the Hotel there several years.
2. Betsey, who married Lewis Miller, son of Elder Moses Miller. [See Miller.]
3. Rachel married Philemon Bonnel, son of Nathaniel Bonnel, 3d. [See Bonnel.]
4. Phebe married Amos Morehouse, son of Isaiah Morehouse. [See Morehouse.]
5. David married, 10th April, 1810, Huldah, widow of Timothy D. Pettit, and daughter of Nathaniel Bonnel, 3d.
6. Sally married Israel Doty, son of James Doty, and died 3d Oct. 1828, aged 31 years. [See Doty.]
7. Matthias Freeman married Martha Howel, daughter of Calvin Howel, of Madison.
ELLIS NOE, by his wife Esther Osborn, had children: (2d Gen.)
1. John, who died in Western New York.
2. Ketura, who married James McGinnis, and had children: 1. Elmira, who married, 6th Dec. 1849, Nicholas Dellicker, of Newark; 2. John McGinnis; 3. Uzel McGinnis,
and by his 2d wife Rachel, Ellis Noe, had children:
3. Hester, who married David Sanderson. They live above Somerville; had no children.
4. Eliza married William Starkweather, and had a son, Augustus Starkweather.
5. Isaac married Mariah Miller, of Elizabethtown; lives in New York, and had children:
6. Daniel W. Noe married Mary Mulford, daughter of Jonathan, of Pluckemin. He died 18th Feb. 1846, and had children:
1. Daniel, who died young; 2. Esther.
7. David married Mary _____ , at Patterson, and had a son Albert.
And by his 3d wife, Jane Crane, Ellis Noe had children:
8. Rachel, who married, 7th June, 1849, her cousin, Matthias Doty, son of Israel, and had children: 1. John Henry; 2. Eliza Mundy.
DAVID NOE, (son of John,) and Huldah Bonnel, had children: (3d Gen.)
1. Joseph Crane, born 25th Sept. 1811.
2. Mary, born 12th Jan. 1814, and married Samuel Clark, son of Daniel S. Clark, Esq., and had children: 1. Arthur Berry Clark; 2. Samuel Clark.
3. Martha Bonnel, born 24th Aug. 1816, who married George B. Ayres, son of David, of Metuchen, and had children:
4. Ellis Frazee, born 1st Dec. 1818; went to Illinois, and died there 17th Oct. 1844.
5. David, born 3d March, 1821.
6. Jane Bonnel, born 19th Aug. 1823.
7. Huldah, born 1st Feb. 1826, and died 12th March, 1833.
Mr. David Noe was ordained an elder in the Presbyterian church, 22d July, 1822.
MATTHIAS F. NOE, (son of John,) and Martha Howel, lived at Morristown, and had children:
1. Ellis; 2. Stephen; 3. David; 4. Mary Eliza; 5. Hannah; 6. John.
LEWIS NOE was brother of John, he came up from Woodbridge, and bought the farm formerly owned by Thomas Darling, where Smith M. Miller now lives. He married Phebe Mundy, daughter of Henry Mundy, of Metuchen. He died 5th April, 1838, aged 73 years. She died 11th May, 1814, aged 54 years; they had children: (1st Gen.)
1. Henry lives in Brooklyn, New York.
2. Frazee, who married 3d November, 1810, Dency Hart, daughter of David, and died 11th April, 1832.
3. Margaret married David French, Jun., son of David, lives in Stony Hill Vallay. [See French.]
4. Lewis married 7th April, 1834, Mariah Meeker, daughter of Isaac. [See Isaac Meeker.]
5. Huma married Ellis Coddington, of Woodbridge.
6. Phebe, married 21st January, 1815, Joel Drake, son of Jeremiah.
FRAZEE NOE, (son of Lewis,) and Dency Hart had children: (2d Gen.)
1. Daniel Hart Noe, who married 25th September, 1839, Mary Osborn, daughter of Stephen B. Osborn, and had children: 1. Lewis Henry. (3d Gen.)
2. Phebe Mundy Noe, who died 5th June, 1832, aged 17 years.
3. John Noe, married 3d December, 1845, Martha Bonnel, daughter of Philemon Bonnel, she died without children.
4. Sarah Emeline Noe, born 1811, married John S. Dean, born 1806, son of William, and had children: (4th Gen.)
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.